Poll: Where should Kobe rank on the list of all time greats?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Where does Kobe rank in your opinion?

With the recent release of the Top 50 NBA players of all time by SLAM Magazine (discussion thread regarding it here), and Kobe's winning of his 4th ring, and 1st since Shaq left the Lakers, where do you think, as of now, Kobe should be ranked on the list of all time greats?

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

There is noone in the SLAM top 10 that I would rank Kobe over, and that top 10, while not necessarily in my order, are the 10 players I would put in the top 10. After Kobe retires, I may be able to put him up over someone like Bird or West, but for right now, he is a 10-12 IMO...so I voted 11-15.

I would put him around 8-10, after he retires definetly in the top 5.

I put him at #6 before the championship, but now I have him in my top 3, only behind Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson, and it's a very close tie between Magic and Kobe.
    Last edited by jeebus86; 06-18-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Eh, I would definitely say top 15. His career is not over though, and with further achievements in his career he could go up, perhaps within the top ten once it is all said and done.

The SLAM list though, has many, many flaws. Bill Russell at three? I've seen lists with him not even in the top ten. Kareem should definitely be switched w/ Bill. Next, Hakeem should be higher, Karl Malone & Patrick Ewing should both be higher, and Isaiah Thomas is a bit too high.

These are just my thoughts.

msuspartan - I don't agree 100% with the SLAM list either, but it is fairly close to what I think - Russell at 3 isn't absurd in my opinion - who else has 11 rings in 13 seasons? Anyway, I do agree that Kobe can, once he retires, possibly be in the top 10 of all time.

Trevor - you are crazy...lol...and if you think he is the best of all time, vote for Top 5, since 1 is in the top 5 :-P

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast