Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

itg between pipes 1/1 questions?

this may have been answered before but i have been crazy busy and out of the loop a while, but i am kind of confused with these, are itg btp not stamped? i know they had /90, /19, /9 and 1/1 but are any of them marked? i have seen a few on the bay that say gold foil lettering=1/1 but a bunch of them seem that way. any help appreciated- wolf.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I do not think they generally are. For instance, in Superlative, you will see 3/9 or 1/1 or whatever written at the back of the card. The Brodeur Superboxes are different though and they all have a 552 1/1 stamp, the ones they give away at expos are also specially stamped. The BTP from this year do not seem to be stamped at the front but I dont know if it says 1/1 at the back, having now had the chance to pull one (yet anyway lol)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

The BTP cards are not serial numbered. They post all the print run numbers on their website. Some examples:

- The Game-Used Jersey cards have Silver print runs of 90 and 30 for the SPs. The Gold version has gold foil and are limited to 10 copies.

- The Game-Used Number/Emblem cards have a silver print run of 19 copies and 9 for the SPs. The Gold versions are 1/1s.

Basically if the Silver print run of a card is 9 then the Gold will be a 1/1, if it is say 20 or higher there are usually 10 copies of the Gold version.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

It's nearly impossible to tell from a scan with the lettering being so small, but if you look at one in person it's like night and day. I will try to use my camera instead of a scanner and snap a picture of some of my gold and silver versions for comparison.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country
    See bidds55's Items on eBay

I'm not sure about that 1/1. I will say that this is yet another example of ITG either being too lazy, or not willing to spend the time/money to serial number cards. I Hate that they don't serial number them, and far too often it ends up with people not knowing what they have.
    In general ITG does a great job, but their lack of serial numbering this far along is simply inexcusable. How hard is it to take the 10 cards, and hire someone for minimum wage to mark them 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, .....etc., and then mark the 1/1 as such?

It's one of my few beefs with ITG, but it's a big one.
    Last edited by bidds55; 06-20-2009 at 01:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

The lack of numbering and no NHL photos is why i dont currently collect ITG

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

The lack of numbering and no NHL photos is why i dont currently collect ITG

I agree some cards are not great looking, but other ITG cards have nice pictures in NHL action... so you miss some very good cards by not collecting few ITG cards. ITG produced some cards with NHL photos, but nothing that could be compromising for them.

It's NHL game-used from a Washington Capitals jersey. The picture perfectly fit with the description on the back of the card.

I have seen other ITG cards that are real nice looking, no big difference with the NHL/NHLPA licensed cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DogfoodSoup's Items on eBay

I don't see the non-numbering as being a big problem. It takes a couple of minutes to educate yourself on the product and you'll be able to tell the difference.
    If the trade for numbering is comfort in knowing the piece is game used and actually from the player stated on the card than I'll make that trade any day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

It would be nice if they did numbering on the cards with the one with under 100 print runs.

Because it's hard to tell from some scans what version it is (for ebay auctions or trades), the seller could think it's a 1/1 when it's a /9, or a/10 when it's a /20. Having a stamp would just easily clarify it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast