Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: to funny I had to share!!!

     
  1. #1

    to funny I had to share!!!

    Hello,

    I live in ottawa and sometimes I look for deals on Ottawa used, to see if there's some nice cards or lot I could buy. This morning I went on the website and almost fainted when i saw those adds :

    1-http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/9376542

    2-http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/9376510

    3-http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/9376487

    4-http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/9376410

    The guy is selling pro set (full set) at 75$!!! Man! He's really serious!
    If he ever sell it, I want to know the guy who buy's it! I sell him mine also:)

    just wanted to share with you guys since its so funny but at the same time really sad!!

    Geeeszzzz, he's selling 30$ of cards for 230$...Imagine what nice box i could get with 230$!!!

    stupid guy!
    Wants: Toews,Kane,Price,Roy and 06-07/07-08 Prized Prospect Auto/Rc/Patch
    traders:
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    If you like that kind of funny, try this place out:

    http://badwax.net/craigslist-idiots/

    The guy makes a blog about contacting people who sells stuff like this and then tries to engage them in discussion and then puts in serious offers!

    Its an interesting concept, but even i wouldn't put up the kinds of offers that this guy does.

    Cheers,
    reoddai

  3. #3
    that is a nice and really funny site!! lol
    Wants: Toews,Kane,Price,Roy and 06-07/07-08 Prized Prospect Auto/Rc/Patch
    traders:
    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    This looks like a case of someone who is not really an active member of the hobby. It's someone who bought (or built?) complete sets back in 1990 / 1991 and just assumes they've gone up in value since then. I can show you old price guides where a complete set of 1990 Pro Set lists for $60. That was in 1991, maybe 1992? He probably thinks he's giving a buyer a good deal for $75.

  5. #5
    yeah....I know what you mean...gotta love those old beckett!
    the ones with the players on the front page and on the right bottom...a card of him...which I was always on the chase for lol
    Wants: Toews,Kane,Price,Roy and 06-07/07-08 Prized Prospect Auto/Rc/Patch
    traders:
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    It was a WAY better magazine back then.

    I do find it kinda funny, and kinda sad though.... Every once in a while I'll talk to someone when hockey cards comes up in coversation. I'll hear about the big collection they've got at home, and how they figure it's worth a ton now. Then when I ask them a couple of questions, I find out the bulk of the "good" cards are from 1991 Upper Deck, and a few 1990 Score Lindros RCs.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpatry View Post
    yeah....I know what you mean...gotta love those old beckett!
    the ones with the players on the front page and on the right bottom...a card of him...which I was always on the chase for lol

  7. #7
    yeah I know. most of the people think that these card just go up in type because they are old.
    Wants: Toews,Kane,Price,Roy and 06-07/07-08 Prized Prospect Auto/Rc/Patch
    traders:
    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by reoddai View Post
    If you like that kind of funny, try this place out:

    http://badwax.net/craigslist-idiots/

    The guy makes a blog about contacting people who sells stuff like this and then tries to engage them in discussion and then puts in serious offers!

    Its an interesting concept, but even i wouldn't put up the kinds of offers that this guy does.

    Cheers,
    reoddai

    I just saved it to my favorites, LOL! Those are some great reads. I only read 2 so far but this one is priceless:
    http://badwax.net/2009/05/04/craigsl...pin-good-time/

    I love how the buyer is BRUTALLY honest with the seller. (near the end of the page) The buyer even includes a link to a video of people burning overproduced late 80's/early 90's cards to show the seller how worthless his cards are.

    Awwww, man.....I needed that.

    Thanks alot and I'm going back to read more....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gretzky_collector View Post
    I just saved it to my favorites, LOL! Those are some great reads. I only read 2 so far but this one is priceless:
    http://badwax.net/2009/05/04/craigsl...pin-good-time/

    I love how the buyer is BRUTALLY honest with the seller. (near the end of the page) The buyer even includes a link to a video of people burning overproduced late 80's/early 90's cards to show the seller how worthless his cards are.

    Awwww, man.....I needed that.

    Thanks alot and I'm going back to read more....
    i'm glad that this lightened up your day. I read through all of them and even though the general content is the same, somehow, each person brings something unique that makes me laugh for the next story.

    I wish this guy did RSS feeds on that.

    BTw, nice Polk high cards. you've made me want to collect Ed. O'Neil's auto!

  10. #10
    thats great, I find people on craigslist all the time selling a binder of cards from the 90's for redicuous prices. funny stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on