Thread: CBA effect on trading

CBA effect on trading

What effect do you guys think the upcoming CBA will have on NHL popularity or the effect it will have on the NHL trading card industry? I really think it will send card prices down if it goes too long just like it did in baseball and basketball. That might be a prime time to buy some really nice cards on ebay becasue there wont be as big of a market for them. What do u guys think?

2. Kronozio
    I agree totaly. Just look how much prices drop just before the start of the season. Right now they are still pretty strong but by mid August a card selling for a hundred now can usually be picked up for 60-70.

Yeah i think fall 2004 will be an opportune time to pick up that Gaborik Titanium RC ive always wanted.

the cards prices will drop, there's no doubting that. as for the gaborik, you best pick it up beforer it goes to $1000+ it will be a good time to buy cards, i hope to stock up.

I want a Lecavalier rookie, but those are worth a lot too. Maybe i will be able to pick one up on the cheap this fall?

Yeah that Zenith Vinny is another one of my favorite cards.

Go Lecavalier! He will definitely reach his potential within 2 years... it will go up in value a lot.