Leafs general manager Brian Burke heading into NHL draft with open mind

By Dan Ralph – 8 hours ago

CAMPBELLVILLE, Ont. — Brian Burke is heading to the NHL draft open to just about anything.

The Toronto Maple Leafs president and general manager still wants to move up from No. 7 in this weekend's draft at Montreal to have a shot at a top prospect - London Knights centre John Tavares and Swedish defenceman Victor Hedman are regarded as the top players available.

With the Leafs being between US$10 million and US$13 million under the salary cap, Burke would also listen to teams looking to shed high-priced talent as well as those offering additional draft picks for Burke to move down in the draft.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...Fr56OashOuI6HA
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I would like to see Burke trade down the pick and get a few good players.

Brian Burke scares me. I am concerned he's actually going to turn the Leafs into a playoff team. If that happens, it bad news for the Habs.

Quote Originally Posted by bidds55 View Post
    Brian Burke scares me. I am concerned he's actually going to turn the Leafs into a playoff team. If that happens, it bad news for the Habs.
    Well will make some LeafNation happy. Will be more sightings like this:

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!