Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flyers reportedly will play Bruins in Winter Classic

The Flyers, not the Capitals, will be the Boston Bruins' opponent for next season's NHL Winter Classic, to be played at Fenway Park on Jan. 1, league sources told the Delaware County Times.

The NHL reportedly wanted the Capitals and star Alex Ovechkin to participate in the game. But NBC, the league's broadcast partner, told the league that it preferred the Flyers, because the Philadelphia-based team is likely to draw better television ratings and ad revenue.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/arti...winter-classic
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Kronozio
    Well, that's a disappointment. It would have been nice to see Ovechkin playing outdoors at Fenway.

I am good with this decision. I think "Narcissism on Ice" would make it more about him than the actual game itself.

If I needed that I'd go watch half the guys in the NFL or NBA.

I don't see the connection of the two teams other than just a game. They should have had some sort of theme!

Of course I wanted Montreal vs Boston, but hey what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by sholi2000 View Post
    I don't see the connection of the two teams other than just a game. They should have had some sort of theme!

I second this

Unfortunately Hartford does not exists anymore. That would have been your theme. The Flyers and their 6 20+ (cough) goals scorers should be fun to watch against Boston and their crew of forwards. If you had to pick the best possible matchup to see in the East this up coming year, this one would be on the short list.

Well if you read the article it seemed like the advertisers and the ownership of the broadcasting rights had a say as they thought more fans would watch the game if Philly was in it instead of Ovy. Not that I care who plays in the game but I find it ironic that the NHL is being told what teams to pit against each other. That the sad part. Of course if they wanted rating put two Teams north of the boarder. Of course they are talking ratings only for U.S. Products it appears when I read the article.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Im gonna try and get tix regardless of who the opponent is

Quote Originally Posted by saindon420 View Post
    Im gonna try and get tix regardless of who the opponent is
    Good luck to all you goers.

same here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast