Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    Blacks in survey say race relations no better with Obama

    Blacks in survey say race relations no better with Obama

    African-Americans really like President Obama, but more and more feel that race relations have not gotten better since he took office, a new national poll found.

    Ninety-six percent of African-Americans approve of how Obama is handling his presidency, according to a CNN/Essence Magazine/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Thursday.

    During the 2008 election, 38 percent of blacks surveyed thought racial discrimination was a serious problem. In the new survey, 55 percent of blacks surveyed believed it was a serious problem, which is about the same level as it was in 2000.

  2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
  3. #2
    so in a nationwide poll, 56% say he is doing a good job but blacks think he is doing a good job at a 96% clip? and people say race had nothing to do with the election (or rather that he didn't get voted for because he was black).

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    so in a nationwide poll, 56% say he is doing a good job but blacks think he is doing a good job at a 96% clip? and people say race had nothing to do with the election (or rather that he didn't get voted for because he was black).
    I was going to mention that, but I thought I'd let someone else point it out. So only 4 out of every 100 blacks disagree with Obama...that has to be the highest approval rating of anyone anywhere in any position in any industry ever.

  5. #4
    I will get blasted for this but here it goes...

    Even if blacks were treated better than whites, they would still complain. They will always go back to the slavery travesty.

    Not saying discrimination isn't a serious concern, but people cry foul far more often than is warranted.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonds_25 View Post
    I will get blasted for this but here it goes...

    Even if blacks were treated better than whites, they would still complain. They will always go back to the slavery travesty.

    Not saying discrimination isn't a serious concern, but people cry foul far more often than is warranted.
    You won't get blasted from me, I agree 100%. One of the biggest problems with racism today is people looking for it. Often racism is perceived where it was never intended and a big deal is caused over nothing. There are cases of unintentional racism and there will be considering where we've come from, but pointing them out and making a huge deal makes it worse. If simple, innocent instances were allowed to slide, there wouldn't be such a focus on it and those innocent slip ups would quickly decline and disappear anyway.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonds_25 View Post
    I will get blasted for this but here it goes...

    Even if blacks were treated better than whites, they would still complain. They will always go back to the slavery travesty.

    Not saying discrimination isn't a serious concern, but people cry foul far more often than is warranted.
    Reparations!

    But seriously, many, many people in this country are scared of "race" and don't want to say anything. Trying to say we are all equal despite different "races" is the biggest mistake that can be made in this regard. People say "race" doesn't matter to them, but it does [and should] matter. I mean don't get me wrong, blacks and a lot of other "minorities" do complain a lot. Maybe its reactionary, maybe its blamed on circumstance, but there is a lot of victimization either way. However, it does not lack complete reason, but much of the time it does.

    But that doesn't mean "race relations" are "solved" or not a problem any more. There are still elevated rates of discrimination, segregation and ghettoization. It is just that their definitions have been changed so they don't appear as problems any more.

  8. #7
    example of the day:

    for a short time, the headline story on yahoo was whether 2 of the robots in Transformers were racial stereotyping. How many movies are rednecks and others stereotyped?

  9. #8
    People just freaking whine too much, if they think its hard being black these days they should try being gay, at least black people have all the rights and freedoms guaranteed under the charter and constitution. And I wont even get started on how much easier Blacks have it these days then Mexicans and Arabs.....

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by theonedru View Post
    People just freaking whine too much, if they think its hard being black these days they should try being gay, at least black people have all the rights and freedoms guaranteed under the charter and constitution. And I wont even get started on how much easier Blacks have it these days then Mexicans and Arabs.....
    for clarification, would you be referring to legal or illegal mexicans?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    for clarification, would you be referring to legal or illegal mexicans?
    I was referring to legal Mexicans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on