Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Tax on health benefits likely, key senators say

Tax on health benefits likely, key senators say

A controversial new tax on employer-provided medical benefits is gaining traction among Senate health care negotiators as a way to help pay for a $1 trillion reform package moving through Congress, two key senators said Wednesday.

Bipartisan Senate negotiators are "starting to coalesce" around the idea, according to Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Montana.

Any tax is controversial — but this proposal is especially politically charged, since President Barack Obama opposed the idea when he ran for president. White House officials from the president on down have sent mixed messages in public in recent weeks about whether he'd accept such a tax.

Baucus says the president has told him he is "flexible" on the proposal.

Free health care with no tax increases...did anyone actually believe that nonsense? Apparently a lot of naive people did...

I thought they would pass the bill saying there wouldn't be any increases, but then once they saw how much it would actually cost, they would raise taxes after the fact. But they're already saying they'll have to raise taxes before it's even presented as a bill? This is getting ugly even faster than expected.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

people believed this, that the war in iraq was just going to go away, and we would instantly be loved by all other countries with obama in office.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

This is a tax on employer provided benefits. Are governement's plans going to be taxed if they pass?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Probably not...that would mean the people receiving the benefit would actually have to pay something for it. Obama prefers making everyone else pay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

I'd be interested to hear what some Obama voters here at SCF have to say about this. Perhaps they thought he would pull the money out of his large ears?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Probably not...that would mean the people receiving the benefit would actually have to pay something for it. Obama prefers making everyone else pay.

Or making them choose a lower priced option.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'd be interested to hear what some Obama voters here at SCF have to say about this. Perhaps they thought he would pull the money out of his large ears?

A single payer system is more effecient. I hope more people go to it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Do any of you know who has the best outcomes for patients in the country for medical care? It is the VA. They treat renal disease, diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease better than private insurance. The VA system outperforms all private insurance in outcomes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Do any of you know who has the best outcomes for patients in the country for medical care? It is the VA. They treat renal disease, diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease better than private insurance. The VA system outperforms all private insurance in outcomes.

I disagree. The V.A. over-medicated my older half-brother, a type 2 diabetic, on insulin. He was not only on several pills (my mom is also a type 2 and is just on one), but took four shots a day as prescribed by the V.A. He ended up losing a job since he kept experiencing severe low blood sugar while working, even blacking out twice. He was never even educated on what low blood sugar symptoms were, or how to treat them!

My mom and I are type 2 and 1, respectively, and we received far better education and treatment from traditional doctors.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I disagree. The V.A. over-medicated my older half-brother, a type 2 diabetic, on insulin. He was not only on several pills (my mom is also a type 2 and is just on one), but took four shots a day as prescribed by the V.A. He ended up losing a job since he kept experiencing severe low blood sugar while working, even blacking out twice. He was never even educated on what low blood sugar symptoms were, or how to treat them!

My mom and I are type 2 and 1, respectively, and we received far better education and treatment from traditional doctors.

The doctors at the VA are traditional doctors. Unforunately, to get good diabetic control of sugars hypoglycemic events occur. People with good control typically have one hypoglycemic event getting to this point. It could have happened to any doctor and patient. I also do not the whole story about your brother. If the doctor did not tell him that it is the doctors fault, not the VA. The VA has reminders that physicians are suppose to tell patients. Hypoglyemia is one the education things that are suppose to be told to diabetic patines.The studies are there. The VA does better then private insurance in outcomes.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast