Thread: furnace problem who can help

furnace problem who can help

hi

furnace is running .cooling down house with summer upon us.problem is that my furnace keeps running and won't shut off when temp gets to a set level.thought coils might have frozen due to temp going down too fast.so i shut off furnace to let coils warm and melt anything that might have frozen but it still doing the same thing.not sure what to do next with out calling a technician.it'll be something stupid that i could have done easily enough but will still cost 100 + just to have someone flick a switch.if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers mike
    Hi All

My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

Hidden Content

something somewhat like this happened to me, i have a real old fashioned one but its probably same basic principle. i took out the shafts with the coils on them and cleaned off alot of debris on there and that seemed to do the trick. but wait i dont even have central ait thats for the heat..... oh well free up then sorry if i couldnt help.

Hi is it a heat pump or reg ac? check the relay and the t-stat and if it is frozen up it could be your relay or the coil and filter is dirty or low on freon hope it helps.