Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jordan to become Bobcats Majority Owner?

I've been following this story for a few days. The current owner, Bob Johnson, has lost millions since becoming the majority owner. He paid $300 million and fronted millions more on advertising and PR. Charlotte still feels burned by the Hornets for leaving. Forbes valued the team at $284 million (Hoopsworld.com), $16 million less than he originally paid (ouch). Jordan wants to put together an investment group to buy out Johnson. He's tried it in the past.

On PTI the other night, they said this could be Jordan's niche. He'll be off the court and away from the team, which would be a good thing based on past decisions of drafting Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison. As an owner, he would just "own" the team. He would have to "do" anything except play golf in Charlotte, show up for events, and sit in his luxury box during home games.
    I agree. He's horrible at basketball operations. I think they have a winner with Gerald Henderson, but that decision had more to do with Larry Brown than MJ IMO.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Wow, that would be pretty cool actually.

That would be neat...he has made a few drafting goofs, so maybe the owner's box would be a better spot for him for now....I would like to see him as the GM and/or coach of a team at some point again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by garnett_21 View Post
    That would be neat...he has made a few drafting goofs, so maybe the owner's box would be a better spot for him for now....I would like to see him as the GM and/or coach of a team at some point again, though.

Jordan would make a horrible coach. Players could never possibly live up to the expectations of what he would want. He would have the shortest fuse ever. As an owner he could be like Mark Cuban. Cuban is a draw by himself and Jordan would be a perfect owner

I hope the team changes their name if this happens. Bobcats wouldn't fit with the new ownership. The original name of the Charlotte Hornets was supposed to be the Charlotte Spirit. I never understood the Carolina Panthers name. We don't have Panthers in the Carolinas. Maybe the Charlotte Jumpmen or Charlotte Air? They'll definitely be the best dressed team in the league.

I hope the team changes their name if this happens. Bobcats wouldn't fit with the new ownership. The original name of the Charlotte Hornets was supposed to be the Charlotte Spirit. I never understood the Carolina Panthers name. We don't have Panthers in the Carolinas. Maybe the Charlotte Jumpmen or Charlotte Air? They'll definitely be the best dressed team in the league.
    Well, Chicago doesn't have bulls and Toronto doesn't have raptors either...lol

and we all know Sacramento doesn't have Kings either lol, just the "Magoofs" lol.
    Go Grizzlies and Go Pacers!

Milwaukee has Bucks.
    Milwaukee has Brewers.
    Green Bay has Packers.

Wisconsin doesn't fool around.

Cleveland has Indians (they complain all the time about the logo)

Cleveland has a lot of Brown things, the lake, the sky most of the time is brown too.

Cleveland has no Cavaliers though...darn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast