Birthday's coming up, I have up to $300 to spend on 08/09 hobby box/es, suggestions?

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I'll have about $300 to spend on 08/09 hobby box/es. I need some suggestions on what to buy, considering I've been broke and haven't busted a box in about 3 months. I'm thinking of UD Black, UD Radiance, UD SP Authentic, & UD SPx. Any input & past experiences will help me out a ton and I could always use some suggestions.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I always like Black's releases. What about getting a couple sweet Rose auto's instead? Or do you already have them?

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelsnipe View Post
    I always like Black's releases. What about getting a couple sweet Rose auto's instead? Or do you already have them?
    I'm considering getting a nice Rose, but I have a craving to bust a box. Hopefully I can kill 2 birds with one stone and pull a Rose!

I personally would spend the money on a nice MJ auto but if you really want to bust a box I would probably go with UD Black.

How about one nice box and a nice card too? that way you feed the craving and your still guaranteed a nice card?

Nick's suggestion sounds like a nice compromise. I've been a player collector for years, and I finally realized I was wasting money looking for a collection gem. My collection's quality has radically improved since I made the transition from wax to singles. To each his or her own. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I would go with ud black too if your lookin to bust a box. gl with whatever you decide to do

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll think I will make a compromise and buy a decent Rose AU & a solid box with however much I have left over. I'm not positive yet, but that seems like the most likely scenario at this point.

I stopped buying boxes and now I have 3 MJ auto's 1 MJ/Lebron dual auto #ed to 5 and a Exquisite patch auto of Lebron. Five cards in my PC but they are sweet. I could of never in a million years pulled those from boxes, for less then what I paid for them. I like quality not quanity. And saving money. lol

Quote Originally Posted by waxbuster View Post
    I stopped buying boxes and now I have 3 MJ auto's 1 MJ/Lebron dual auto #ed to 5 and a Exquisite patch auto of Lebron. Five cards in my PC but they are sweet. I could of never in a million years pulled those from boxes, for less then what I paid for them. I like quality not quanity. And saving money. lol
    Yeah, I checked those out in your bucket, and let me tell you, I'd give my right arm for one of those MJs. Sick, sick, PC.