Canadian team selections at the 2009 NHL Draft

MONTREAL -- Canadian team selections at the 2009 NHL entry draft (with round, overall selection number, trade elements -- if any, player, position and previous club with league or country in parentheses):

CALGARY FLAMES
    First round: 23. (from New Jersey), Tim Erixon, D, Skelleftea (Sweden); third round: 74. (from Buffalo via Los Angeles), Ryan Howse, F, Chilliwack (WHL); fourth round: 111. Henrik Bjorklund, RW, Farjestad (Sweden); fifth round: 141. Spencer Bennett, LW, Surrey (BCHL); sixth round: 171. Joni Ortio, G, TPS Jr. (Finnish Jr.); seventh round: 201. Gaelan Patterson, C, Saskatoon (WHL).

EDMONTON OILERS
    First round: 10. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson, LW, Timra (Sweden); second round: 40. Anton Lander, C, Timra (Sweden); third round: 71. Troy Hesketh, D, Minnetonka H.S. (Minn.); 82. (from Philadephia), Cameron Abney, RW, Everett (WHL); fourth round: 99. (from Dallas via Tampa Bay and Minnesota), Kyle Bigos, D, Vernon (BCHL); 101. Toni Rajala, RW, Ilves Jr. (Finnish Jr.); fifth round: 133. (from Minnesota), Olivier Roy, G, Cape Breton (QMJHL).

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/arti...2009-nhl-draft
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Isn't Vancouver a Canadian team?
    Looking for Kjell Dahlin and Joacim Eriksson .
    Also collecting Curtis McKenzie and all hard signed rookie cards of Bo Horvat.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by qwas View Post
    Isn't Vancouver a Canadian team?
    Did you click on hte link as it there after Toronto if you read the source of the article. So just asking if you read the original source to double check!!

D
    on
    Hidden Content
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Just a little plug for our local Golden boy. Curtis Mackenzie taken by Dallas in the sixth round 159th overall. That's two from this little dinky town now that have been drafted. The other being Doug Barrault some time ago. Doug actually got his cup of tea playing for Florida during the lockout shortened season.
    Last edited by qwas; 06-28-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Looking for Kjell Dahlin and Joacim Eriksson .
    Also collecting Curtis McKenzie and all hard signed rookie cards of Bo Horvat.

Hidden Content

I came out of this draft very happy with what Edmonton did. As far as I'm concerned.... everyone from LA to OTT make a mistake in passing up on Svensson. Getting him @ 10th was a great move.

Oliver Roy in the 5th really intrigues me too. He was rated to go much higher than that (2nd among NA Goalies, I thought?) so I think they may have picked up a good one there too.

Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    I came out of this draft very happy with what Edmonton did. As far as I'm concerned.... everyone from LA to OTT make a mistake in passing up on Svensson. Getting him @ 10th was a great move.

Oliver Roy in the 5th really intrigues me too. He was rated to go much higher than that (2nd among NA Goalies, I thought?) so I think they may have picked up a good one there too.

Only time will tell.
    That what I keep telling cnshockey about Matt D being better than John T LOl.

DON
    Hidden Content