Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Kelowna!

Hello from Kelowna!

Hey all, just a "tell" for right now as the pics are all on the camera and I don't have my uploading cable or a scanner. I've had a blast out here on vacation so far, having picked up some more Rockets goodies and all that. But the big news: I MET JOSH GORGES YESTERDAY!!! Not only did I meet him, I got my pic taken with him, had him sign a couple cards, we had a few pops at a charity fundraising event yesterday. There were a lot of the old Rockets guys there, like Comeau (who I also got an auto from), Tyler Mosienko, Scott Parker, Kelly Guard, and a bunch of others.

Hilarious moment: there was a raffle for some prizes, one of which was a signed Carey Price photo. Josh won it! Everybody laughed about that one since they're best friends on the Habs and I'm sure that if Josh ever wanted a picture signed by the goalie all he'd have to do is ask. There was also a signed Josh gamer stick, but that was won by somebody else. The hockey gods were not with me on that front. Josh also does a great facial impression of Phil Kessel, who is apparently a really good trash-talker.

That's the trip so far - there's a big golf event on Thursday, and it's rumoured that a certain goalie may be talked into coming down for it. We'll see . . .
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

2. Kronozio
    Thats really cool, I hope that certain goalie shows up thursday

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoseBull View Post
    welcome to scf
    You're joking, right?

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Lol.
    I'm in Penticton. Nice weather here hey?!

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    You're joking, right?
    I think he meant...... WELL COME BACK TO SCF!!!

Glad to hear you having a great time...and that you got to meet Josh....COOL STUFF!!!!!
    Can't wait to see the pictures...

That's awesome Richard, can't wait to see the pictures! Funny story about Josh/Carey too lol

Sounds like you're having an amazing time!

Quote Originally Posted by aweeks View Post
    Lol.
    I'm in Penticton. Nice weather here hey?!
    The kind that makes me wonder why on Earth I ever moved in the first place. I'll actually be down in Penticton for the next three days - does Castle Comics have anything hockey anymore?

Hidden Content

Sounds like you had a hoot, always cool to meet your favorite player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE GRICE BOYS: Hidden Content

My son Austin's Anze Kopitar
    PC:Hidden Content
    Article #1 I wrote for SCF!
    Hidden Content
    Article #2 I wrote for SCF!Hidden Content

Sounds like you're having a great time, good to hear you got to meet Josh!
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast