Hockey News reader thanks Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk for gracious play at NHL Awards

Posted by George James Malik June 28, 2009 18:24PM

The Hockey News doesn't generally post reader letters online, but this Red Wings-related "feedback" post merits a mention:

June 28, The Hockey News: I attended the 2009 NHL Awards last week in Las Vegas. It was really an experience to be a fan and take part in the festivities.

The most memorable moments were getting autographs of players by the hotel pool.

Specifically touching to me was when security told fans we could not get any more autographs because the players wanted to relax. As I turned around to leave, Pavel Datsyuk came back out quickly and told the security guard he wanted to take a picture with me because he knew I was alone.

I just beamed at his kindness as the security guard took our picture together. Pavel is a very kind and nice person. He made my day.

Jane Olejniczak, Buffalo

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009...hanks_red.html
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I guess Pavel is single Well done Jane!

Another reason why Datsyuk deserves the Lady Byng. By the looks of that article, that's just the kind of guy he is all of the time. I think it's important that players not only show sportsmanship on the ice, but off the ice as well.

Great story!

Quote Originally Posted by sholi2000 View Post
    I guess Pavel is single Well done Jane!
    Hey, if that helps him interact with fans so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by flemingc04 View Post
    Another reason why Datsyuk deserves the Lady Byng. By the looks of that article, that's just the kind of guy he is all of the time. I think it's important that players not only show sportsmanship on the ice, but off the ice as well.

Great story!
    I hope he is like this all the time. Just nice to see stories like this for any player. Have to love the way he makes his acceptance speech like last year (A CLASSIC).

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!