Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Is SCF now the #1 Hockey Card Forum on internet?

According to the constant traffic of around 100 online viewers on the Hockey Card Forum on a constant basis (and how many members in total?), it sounds this forum is now the #1 forum for hockey cards. It is about twice the traffic of other forums, by comparing numbers with friends on other boards. Am I correct?
    Email me at: Hidden Content
    Collection web site Hidden Content : Hidden Content
    (big inventory of 1980s and early 1990s graded RC hockey cards, currently in process to update all my cards!)

I would think we are by far the largest sports forum out there, considering we have consistent traffic in all the major sports. Hobby Insider has a lot of hockey traffic but the other sport forums over there don't get a lot of attention. Not sure what other sites you are comparing to but the ones I've been on don't seem to have as much traffic.

we talking quality? quantity? collectin values? very hard to gauge.

Hobby Insider has the closest online traffic of the Hockey Card Forum of SCF, but it is less with 50%. I only speak about hockey, I am not aware of what's going on about other sports. The traffic numbers were way higher on Beckett few years ago, but Beckett destroyed their own community (I do not have the recent traffic numbers). Beckett sounds anyway today the forum #3. I googled seaches on many sports cards forums (there are many on internet), but the traffic and topics updates are marginal. So, for hockey, it sounds SFC is #1.
    Last edited by roy.the.greatest; 06-29-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    (big inventory of 1980s and early 1990s graded RC hockey cards, currently in process to update all my cards!)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFire47 View Post
    we talking quality? quantity? collectin values? very hard to gauge.
    I go with the quantity of online collectors on the hockey forum. It is already difficult to qualify which card is better than another, can you imagine to quote about the quality of collectors? I simply go by traffic, anyway overall we get topics for everyone. I simply want to have an idea of where SCF now sits on internet, sounds to be in the driver's seat about hockey (I didn't think that before I compared numbers). What do you think?
    Last edited by roy.the.greatest; 06-29-2009 at 02:49 PM.

from my own observations...

-beckett would still probably lead in quantity of people but the lack of any posts with real quality is mind numbing.
    -HI has the lead in quality of posts and maybe even quality of collections but the number of users is limited and it would seem HI purposefully intend to keep it that way.
    -SCF is like the middle ground. decent numbers of posters, decent number of quality posts. for anyone and everyone from the casual poster to the hardcore type of collectors.

what also has to be kept in mind is that most people are on multiple forums as well.

yes, because most people are on multiple forums, it is very difficult to say which board lead in quality of posts and quality of collections. By the numbers, you have around 100 online collectors on the Hockey Card Forum of SCF while you have around 50 online persons on HI. I will try to find the numbers for Beckett. On other boards it is around 10 online collectors.
    Last edited by roy.the.greatest; 06-29-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Here's how it breaks down:

TOTAL users - Beckett, notably their baseball forums, those are unparalleled.

Hockey - HI, hence the nickname "Hockey Insider." Everything else over there is like a ghost town. Hockey is great, every other forum is like solitary confinement..........trust me I know, I used to a baseball mod there and had to reply to myself.

Overall & quality across all sections - SCF, this site is clearly set up in more user friendly manner than Beckett, much like HI, and as good as the hockey boards are here, sports like football and baseball dominate the hockey side of things; good indicator there of the membership depth and quality.

On a side note, if things continue to progress as they have on HI the past year or so, SCF could eventually take them over in all aspects of the hockey forums as well...........

As Prime said Traffic no one rivels Beckett for sheer numbers as it people refer to it like the Bible.

Hi is dominate in hockey and has a great group of folks over there with unparalleled passion and knowledge when it comes to all things hockey related.

SCF is just a well rounded board.

p.s. Bottom line is people should just go post and trade where they feel comfortable. As no one site is a fit all for all. Hence, why there are many sites big and small.

D
    o
    n
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

No kidding. I was trying to do a search in their message board, and for the life of me..... I couldn't figure out how. I'd like to think I'm what someone would call an "advanced" internet user. If I have a hard time navigating your site.... it must be really confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Prime B View Post
    Overall & quality across all sections - SCF, this site is clearly set up in more user friendly manner than Beckett

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast