Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blackhawks sign Hossa 12 years!!!!! wow

i posted in the free agent thread but i thought a signing this big needed its own thread! i think its awesome but i thought the hawks were trying to clear some space by letting havlat go- oh well i'm sure they'll work some magic to lock up kane and toews and the young defenders!!!!

excited!

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    12 years?...wow....he DID help the Penguins win the Stanley Cup this year (yeah I know, he played for the Red Wings...like I said...he helped the Penguins win!)

good news? in the next 12 years you will be at the Finals... but will never win. You'll have to trade your bigger names in the future. The 12 years are too much.

12 years is wayy too long. He'll be 42 when his contract finishes

its a totally frontloaded deal, they will pay him out at age 38 or 39 for a couple of dollars.

i think they did a good thing... 5$ caphit is not much for that caliber and its almost the money they saved when khabibulin left

HOOOORAY!!!!!! Alright, now I gotta get some of his cards, as well as Kopecky.

The Chicago Black Hawks signing Marian Hossa to a 12 year contract worth $62 million would be like their Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations booking a cruise in advance today for the year 2021! I hope Scotty Bowman (88 in 2021) lives to see Hossa play out his contract when he turns 42. Both of the above scenarios are fantasy but sadly many NHL owners are making the above reality. I guess they didn’t learn anything about banks investing in toxic assets?

Same kind of contract Zetterberg got from Detroit. If the Hawks do the same thing with Toews,Kane and Keith next year they will be sitting pretty for a long time. In the age of the salary cap teams have to do whatever they can to be competitive. Just remember what happened to Calgary at the end of last season.
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

marko was right its really like a frontloaded 7 year deal, he gets 50 mill or so over that. by spreading it over 12 years it only averages 5 mill a year towards the cap. then if he retires or something the rest is wiped off the books anyways. creative bookkeeping not realy 12 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast