Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BlackMambaExquisite's Items on eBay

Bonner loses out on 100k LoL

Saw this story the other day about a random clause matt bonner has in his contract, thought i'd share....
    poor Bonner missed out on an extra 100k...LoL

heres the link to the video: http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/loca...com&navCatId=5
    (it begins at 30seconds)

article link: http://www.woai.com/content/sports/s...Uw.cspx?rss=68

"SAN ANTONIO -- Basketball players and fans know a missed free throw can cost you the game. But what if missing one ended up costing you $100,000?

The Spurs' Matt Bonner was recently the focus of an article on unique contracts. A NBA writer did a story on some of the more oddball incentive clauses in the league, and Bonner reportedly has one of them. According to Dave D'Alessandro of the N.J. Star-Ledger, "Matt Bonner of the Spurs gets $100,000 if the sum of his field goal percentage, free throw percentage, and his 3-point percentage matches or exceeds 169 percent." But the story gets better. News 4 WOAI did the math. Bonner shot 49.6% from the field, 44% from 3-point land and 73.9% from the free-throw line. The magic number 169. He fell short at 167.5%. But had Bonner made just one more free throw, 18 of 23 instead of 17 of 23, the total would have been 171.8. And if his contract has that clause, he would have made an extra $100,000. And you think you want the Spurs to shoot better from the line - WOW!"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Hahaha man that is crazy, 100k because he missed 5 FTs

SCF Rewards
    Country

Read about this on spurstalk. Didn't realize he was just one FT away! LOL. I'm glad though. He's too inconsistent. I hope the Spurs can trade his 3 mil contract this season.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sportyryan2008's Items on eBay

Haha there would be so much pressure knowing that this free throw could make you an extra 100k

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BlackMambaExquisite's Items on eBay

Read about this on spurstalk. Didn't realize he was just one FT away! LOL. I'm glad though. He's too inconsistent. I hope the Spurs can trade his 3 mil contract this season.

i agree with that, i'd dump his contract and spread his minutes between
    Blair/Dice/Mahinmi...that group may not hit as many 3 pointers as Bonner,
    but i'd prefer the defense and rebounding you'd get from them!
    Also someone mentioned to me, that he only shot 23 free throws???....
    that is crazy to me for the starting c/pf opposite of tim duncan to only
    shoot 23 free throws for an entire year...you've been replaced Bonner! LoL
    I'm trying not to hate on him too much, because i appreciate that he hustles a lot, i think he just doesn't have the tools to compete with the bigger/quicker/more althletic bigs in the league!
    Last edited by BlackMambaExq; 07-21-2009 at 05:19 PM.