Late 90's Basketball set question....HELP ME OUT!

Hey guys,

Me and my buddy were talking about old times last night, and we got to thinking about this basketball set. Anyone able to ID what set this is about? I've looked and looked and looked, and can't come up with anything....

Anyways, back in the late 90's (had to have been around that time frame), there was a basketball set out. Considering we were young, the packs had to have been cheap to buy, because I know we bought a TON of these packs. In the packs, there were mini posters....they were folded in the packs, and when unfolded, they would be the size of 4 cards in a square shape.

I remember there were either 25 or 30 posters in the set, and they had all the bigger names at the time....I remember Shawn Kemp, and I'm pretty sure Kobe was in there....if that helps with the timeframe at all.

Anyways...I wish I had more information, because all of that is vague, but anyone able to possibly help out and tell me what set these were in?!?!?!?

Thanks a bunch guys!
    -J

2. Find Basketball Cards on Kronozio!!
    I think i know which one your talking about....im scanning 2 as we speak i will post up the scan once its completed....!

Edit: im thinking this is the set your talking about but there is no Kobe Bryant in this insert set

97-98 Skybox Premium And One Hakeem Olajuwan and Shareef Abdur-Rahim Rc

Last edited by XxViSiOnxX; 07-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    Collecting All Current Oakland raiders Primarily Carr, Mack, Cooper, Crabtree, Also any Legend or HOF raider players as well.
    Just getting back into the Hobby so not much tradebait right now
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (please check comments on scans to see if any have been traded)
    Please NOTE: Photobucket is not updated, Only PC cards are accurate anything else has been traded or sold thanks

I think those cards/posters were from 97-98 NBA Hoops?

Quote Originally Posted by XxViSiOnxX View Post
    I think i know which one your talking about....im scanning 2 as we speak i will post up the scan once its completed....!
    Awesome....can't wait. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyPhills13 View Post
    I think those cards/posters were from 97-98 NBA Hoops?
    That's what I was thinking....I really thought for sure they were from a Hoops set, but my buddy kept saying it was a Collector's Choice set.

Yeah, it was 1997 Hoops, subset: Great Shots. The odds was 1:2 packs, 30 posters in all.

I remember pulling the kobe poster.

Quote Originally Posted by jeebus86 View Post
    Yeah, it was 1997 Hoops, subset: Great Shots. The odds was 1:2 packs, 30 posters in all.

I remember pulling the kobe poster.
    Those were them! 97-98 Skybox NBA Hoops, correct?

ok yea you right jeebus here it is...

1997-98 Hoops Great Shots #13 Kobe Bryant
    Set Information
    Hoops Great Shots
    Inserted one per series two pack, this 30-card set features some of the best NBA players on mini-posters that measure 5"x7".

Collecting All Current Oakland raiders Primarily Carr, Mack, Cooper, Crabtree, Also any Legend or HOF raider players as well.
    Hidden Content
    Please NOTE: Photobucket is not updated, Only PC cards are accurate anything else has been traded or sold thanks

Those were them....thanks a bunch guys.

I think I'm gonna check eBay and see if I can get a box cheap enough to break, just for something fun to do.

heres 1 on ebay that i could find...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-98-Hoops-Gr...3286.m20.l1116
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nadeau01_johnson48 View Post
    Those were them! 97-98 Skybox NBA Hoops, correct?
    yup!