History RIP Donruss/Playoff collection scans

Over the past few weeks I have made an eight box purchase from the new Panini Donruss and I have been LESS than impressed with the quality of the product put out my the new company. I have in some ways been blasted about my post but that is my opinion and you have yours.

One thing about Donruss Playoff before Panini, when I made a purchase of their product, almost 95% of the time I felt I got "value" for my money. I may not have gotten the card I hoped for, but I got my monies worth.

New company, not so. I know eight boxes is not much, but a little over a $1,000 spent and with the exception of one box, I did not get what I consider value, based on my previous experience with DP.

It got me to thinking of my breaks starting in 1999 through 2008. With these thoughts this week I made sub-album in my photobucket of the game used cards I have pulled from Donruss Playoff. What I consider "great value received" for money spent

Lots of what I consider GREAT cards: 1/1 on up. Players who made the NFL.

If the link works, I give you Donruss Playoff that I will miss as I don't like Panini. Starts with my top 10 cards and then works done through the years going backward from 2008.

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q...Football%20GU/

Yes, 27 pages of cards Game Used only I didn't scan the autographs.

Good luck with your breaks and Rest In Peace Donruss of old. Panini will not be getting much more of my money.

Ron

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    so you had 1 bad case and your upset? there are some really cool patches and autos coming out of this years donruss

yea.. that happens to all of us...
    ive busted so many boxes where i didnt even come close to getting my money back

it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamson82 View Post
    so you had 1 bad case and your upset? there are some really cool patches and autos coming out of this years donruss
    No, not just one bad case. I watched 17 boxes being opened at a rip party and from the 17 boxes a grand total of two, YES, TWO, patched total. Me, I have one patch from eight boxes.

I watched other breaks with the same results but like I said in my original post, This is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by NyFanCam01 View Post
    yea.. that happens to all of us...
    ive busted so many boxes where i didnt even come close to getting my money back

it happens.
    I am not talking about getting my money back, I am talking about getting a card that has appeal to it. Something more than a small single color piece of cloth.

Yes, it does happen all the time. fully agree.

Ron

I hear ya! I stopped buying boxes last year after getting screwed over time and time again. I busted a box of Leaf Limited and only got one hit! I sent a request through Donruss and low and behold three months later I get two scrub autos /999!

Donruss, Upperdeck, Topps, Pannini all the same garbage....To me it doesnt make any sense buying boxes anymore. A box of Exquisite costs $500-600 and most of the 1/1 logo auto cards go for $300-600! They need to lower the cost of the boxes or start loading them up with better product. All PC for me!

PS-I sent you a PM ronfir, please let me know if we can work something out. Thanks.

There are so many auto and jersey cards out. It isn't exciting anymore to pull one colored swatches.

I can see your disappointment in your 8 boxes of Classics, but like I said in your break thread, I dont think this has anything to do with Panini buying the company.

I do agree with you that Classics seems to be lacking a bit after seeing some other breaks. But I think Prestige and Elite have been great.

I think it would be wise to continue to watch and see what happens over the course of the football card season to get a better gauge of the impact Paninis ownership will have.

I think it will be even more interesting to see what they do with NBA products seeing as how they now control the NBA card market.