Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve McNair (1973-2009)

Steve McNair (1973-2009)

As a lifelong Redskins fan, I have always considered the passing of Sean Taylor as the saddest day that I ever experienced that had to do with sports.

That is, until today.

The news from Nashville still echoes in my ears. Steve McNair, one of the all-around great guys that I have ever seen in sports or any other arena, senselessly shot and killed. I don't know about you guys, but this news just made me physically ill.

As a Redskins fan, I know what the Titans fans and Ravens fans are experiencing now; just like the Broncos fans before me when they heard about Darrent Williams. We are left confused, scratching our heads and screaming WHY? at the top of our lungs, only to realize that this is a question that can never be answered on this earth. The only consolation that we can take may be how Steve was so proud of the effort and sacrifice that embodied his career, and the passion that he had in helping others during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

I can only hope that the Pro Football Hall of Fame voters who are notoriously bad in their selecting process can remember that Steve McNair was an MVP, an AFC champion, a multiple Pro Bowler, and the best player that ever wore a Tennessee Titans uniform. More importantly, he put a face on everything that can be right about sports.

Titans and Ravens fans: we know that you just lost someone who felt like part of the family. Your fellow sports fans mourn for you as we pray for the family of Steve McNair and as we pray that senseless tragedies such as this may one day cease once and for all.

Wow.....that sucks.....he was a great QB and will be missed greatly; he was definately one of my favorite QBs

BAM
    Luis Gonzalez Collection: 878/3061 = 28.68%
    US ARMY: 2005 - 2013
    OEF-P: 2/09-9/09 & 10/10-10/11 / OEF: 9/13-8/14

The sad thing is we lost a human life and a great passionate athlete when he was on the field. He was a fan favorite in Tn and was just at a gold outing a few weeks ago. Of course just like Michael Jackson there might be a few things that the press or cops won't want to put out there. I think if the police truly do some investigating they will find out what happened. I have heard second hand information about Steve so it just that heresay. I just hope whoever did this is found and brought to justice. OF course sometimes with our idols we find out they are human just like the rest of us which is why we should not put them on a pedestal.

Prayers and condolences to his family as they lost a important part of their life.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

It is crazy. Being from TN i am a huge titans fan. I can't believe someone would take his life. (or that people would kill at all for that matter)

RIP. can't believe there are people out there who do stuff like that

May he rest in peace. He will be sorely missed as a player and as a man.

I still have that lump in my throat and feeling of shock. It feels different with Steve than the others. Probably because I live in Nashville, but I think more. He was just such a good guy. The last person you would expect this to happen to. A guy that other players should want to be like. A model of class and attitude that we wished all NFL players could live up to.
    Here is a Link to my Photobucket PC and trade stuff. Hidden Content

Here is the link to my set Needs List.
    Hidden Content

I respect the dead but I don't understand how people can say he was a family man and ****. 1. He cheated on his wife. 2. He had kids and still cheated on his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Glebe View Post
    I respect the dead but I don't understand how people can say he was a family man and ****. 1. He cheated on his wife. 2. He had kids and still cheated on his wife.
    well said my friend, well said.
    Randy
    Shipping: I only ship to U.S. Addresses!
    Remember...Freedom IS NOT free
    Each day's a gift and NOT a given right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast