Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gaaah, stop taping magnetic holders

This happens u too? 60$ card in a magnetic holder and he taped it twice.. and now im having a hard time getting it off .. seriously use a team bag pls.
    Hidden Content

Collecting High-End Salming Game Used Mem/Auto cards
    PC:Hidden Content

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Yup...I have a pile of holders sitting here with tape on them too.

My main pet peeve is tape on BGS graded card slabs or Ultimate Memorabilia cards.

The alternate would be to use masking tape or painters tape, Easy to remove and leave no gunk. I hate it when scotch tape is used. It runs a good holder.

When I have no team bags left I have used painters tape on top loaders. You know the green stuff.

Recently have gotten some cards with it on. Came off real easy with no residue left behind
    Last edited by waf; 07-07-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    D. Keon,T. Horton , Paul Henderson, Blank Backs and inserts from ITG 1972
    Hidden Content

When I purchase a card, I never keep the holder. It goes to the garbage. I do not keep my cards in scratched holders. Sometimes I do not buy a ITG Ultimate Memorabilia card, or a graded card, because the holder is not flawless.
    Email me at: Hidden Content
    Collection web site Hidden Content : Hidden Content
    (big inventory of 1980s and early 1990s graded RC hockey cards, currently in process to update all my cards!)

I keep a few boxes of clean top loaders at home at all times.... and most the stuff I get from the mail gets swaped out for the clean ones. Then I use the taped ones to mail stuff out afterwards. Used to bother me a lot (I much prefer team bags, and that's what I use myself) but at the same time.... the seller / trader is responsible to get the cards to you in a safe manner, not worry about how you're displaying / storing them afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    I keep a few boxes of clean top loaders at home at all times.... and most the stuff I get from the mail gets swaped out for the clean ones. Then I use the taped ones to mail stuff out afterwards. Used to bother me a lot (I much prefer team bags, and that's what I use myself) but at the same time.... the seller / trader is responsible to get the cards to you in a safe manner, not worry about how you're displaying / storing them afterwards.

I agree with you 100 percent, I used to get mad also, but at least they are getting you the card safely. I have had magnetics open up in team bags in route, so I dont think being extra cautious is a bad thing. I also do the same thing as above, put your card in a new magnetic and then reuse that when you send something out

I'm with you guys, when I receive cards I always change the holder it came in with a new one. Than I use the old holder for any outbound cards.

I have received cards where the penny sleeve was taped but not the top loader???????
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

I recieve a lot of won cards with tape but I use those to ship cards out and keep clean ones for my PC stuff, however if I'm out of used card holders I use masking tape!

hi

i send in toploader and team bag.i tape the toploader but i make sure to fold over one end so the receiver can easily remove the tape.leaves very little gum from the tape.

cheers mike
    Hi All

My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast