Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappy ebayer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See blooom2714's Items on eBay

crappy ebayer

so i go online and see a real nice forte auto i want to add to my collection it was an 08 ud premier auto patches /30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260435040229

ba bam liked the card thought it would be a great addition to my pc and was thrilled to get it at what i considered a pretty fair price...i normally pay insurance on ebay items so that they have no excuse for damaging and things like that if i recieve a bad card....well he wanted 3$ for insurance to the additional $3.50 he wanted for S&H fees...i argued with him about it saying it was excessive but figured it wasnt worth it and just payed him the money...shortly there after i get this in the mail

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Topps-Fines...3A1%7C294%3A50

yep, thats right for $6.50 shipping he couldnt even give me the right card....now most people would be happy getting a card that just sold more for the one they just bought of the same player...but call me stupid but i dislike the whole printing plate things....i dont think they hold value well, they produce more than 1 to insert in the products and its not a good looking card...well i contacted the ebayer and recieved the "aww crap i thought i might have mixed them up" response and he told me to ship it back to him and he'll pay for shipping....i respond same day asking him when and how much are you going to pay me for shipping back this card and can i expect the card i bought in return to come to me...i have yet to hear a response (bout 2 days now) and dont think its right to send back the card without recieving at least $6.50 from him to ship the card out...

sorry just needed to rant some....im thinking i might just ship back the card cut my losses and file a claim with paypal but not sure at this point in time

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (5)
    Country

Yeah i know what you mean. Some sellers take advantage of buyers because they think "well if a guy is willing to pay 100 bucks for a card, whats 3 extra dollars mean to them?" I've had a lot of experiences like that (high shipping and even more for insurance), but i mean as long as i get the card in good condition and its something i really wanted, its not a big deal to me. hope you get right card!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope things work out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$3.50 has become the standard for shipping these days, at least in my observations and purchases. Some charge less and some charge more. Insurance costs have gone up tremendously, to insure the OP's original item, the cost is $2.25 according to the Post Office price list.

When I sell something and someone wants insurance, I charge them for the exact cost of the insurance, some people don't. IMO, the seller should have charged for the actual cost of the insurance, the S&H covers any other costs he has.

Hopefully the seller works with you, he shouldn't charge you another dime for shipping as he made the mistake.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You have the upper hand here. He's risking getting double negative feedback from both of the cutomers. I would stand firm at $6.50. If it's reasonble for him, it's reasonable for you.

He also risks paypal claims that the item you received is significantly different than the item you bid on.

Keep pushing him, he'll come around.

And I don't like printing plates either. For me it has nothing to do with not being a true 1/1 or value - they're just UGLY!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Sorry to hear about the troubles...and I don't care for printing plates either.

I would keep the card, sell it, and either keep the profit or get a Forte you like from a better seller. Sticks it to him and you come out ahead one way or another. But that's just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

...just don't send back the plate until you get YOUR card.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See blooom2714's Items on eBay

he replied today saying he'll throw shipping costs in with the correct card....i may regret it but im going to send it back...id still like the original card...my only concern is that he takes the money out of his paypal account and leaves me with a nonfullfillable claim.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

Please keep us all posted. Would like to know the outcome!

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I wouldn't send the card until I get the other Forte, hope it works out for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast