Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal eBay auction

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool Unreal eBay auction

As some of you may know, I've been running SCF's Guess the Final Price contests for quite a while now. In these contests I feature an eBay auction that may end up with a fairly high final bid. So this week's contest features an auctio of a lot of hockey cards. This lot consists of about 40 Sidney Crosby cards. These cards appear to be high-end inserts, GU, autos and patches. Many are graded. When I first posted the contest on Thursday July 2, the high bid was $15,100.00. Now at the time of this post, it is now at $37,800.00!! WOW!!

That looks like someone is willing to pay over $9400 per card on average! And there is still about 4 days left to go on this auction. Is there anything fishy about this auction? Or am I not reading it right? Or does it look like the real deal? Check out the Guess the Final Price - High End Sidney Crosby Auto/GU Lot contest. And here's the eBay link: High End Sidney Crosby Auto/GU Lot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See agold2121's Items on eBay

Correct me if I'm wrong but the auction is for more than 4 cards, so it's more like 1000 per card. Still kinda ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (3)
    Country

I see 48 cards in the lot which right now would be $787.50 per card.
    Still WWWWAAAAAAYYYYY too much, imo.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) UCB
    Country

but your all mistaken theres 2 cards on there with crosby/gretzky dual auto, that card is only card crosby has signed with, which making it worth a crap load, only reason the auction is so high is because of those 2 cards....

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Correct me if I'm wrong but the auction is for more than 4 cards, so it's more like 1000 per card. Still kinda ridiculous.

I see 48 cards in the lot which right now would be $787.50 per card.
    Still WWWWAAAAAAYYYYY too much, imo.

Thanks for pointing it out to Andy that it more than 4 cards.

Of course it something us normal folks cannot afford. Though a Cup Crosby book 5 figures so we know someone will pay big dollars for Crosby stuff.

P.S. Nice to mention the only Crosby auto with Gretzky as well as I did not know that fact.

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

but your all mistaken theres 2 cards on there with crosby/gretzky dual auto, that card is only card crosby has signed with, which making it worth a crap load, only reason the auction is so high is because of those 2 cards....

With 2 of those cards in the auction each of those is probably worth $10,000 or more since you get 2 out of 25!!!!! Crosby's only has 1 Dual Auto with Gretzky and I think only 1 Dual Auto period if I'm not mistaken!!!

With 3 days left I could potentially see this auction going for up to $75,000!!!
    Last edited by MatsSundin13Rocks; 07-08-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool

...This lot consists of about 40 Sidney Crosby cards....

Yes, I did note the approximate # of cards but...

Doh!! I hate bad math, especially when it comes out of my keyboard, grrr! I should have typed $940 per card on average. Of course that amount would go down depending on how much more than 40 cards there are.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Anyone who seriously has this much money to spend that quickly on one lot of cards is insane

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stuntman8926's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

the only thing i find weird about this is the bidders. look at the bid history. a couple of the bidders buy 75% - 100% from this seller. Do you think that someone is uping the bids?
    Patrick
    Looking for Gary Roberts

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scottswats's Items on eBay

hope not. with those $$ amounts, they should be going to jail if they are.

Impressive collection to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast