Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where are the AP Spa fake patch spotters at????

I was going to bid on this but I didnt trust it was real. The bottom right corner looks like it was messed with and all 3clr AP's I see have the home purple jersey and this one has a white away jersey. I didnt bid on it, just wondering if I should have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370222697927&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

I know there are some good eyes on here so lets hear it! Thanks.

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

I agree with the different types of jerseys used, but that isn't definitive enough to say it was altered. As far the bottom right corner, its tough to tell for sure what that is even blowing it up in photoshop. Curious to see what others think?

Its good that you stayed away though, if you're not sure, then don't bid.

It is fine to me. The bottom right had just a little piece of fabric/thread hanging out. It happens. However pretty sure that is legit IMO. That being said you felt uncomfortable and stayed away. Always error on the side of caution with something that expensive if you feel that way

Basically what turned me off is that the patch is from an away (white jersey). I have looked at alot of AP Spa's and only seen home (purple jersey) patches. Does anyone know if they made these with away jerseys?

I've seen a lot of them, and that one did not look right to me at all. It is not the material that was used in those patches. The patch material reminded me of this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ADRIAN-PETERSON-...ayphotohosting

Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I knew enough to stay away, and I'm glad you did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickstand54 View Post
    I've seen a lot of them, and that one did not look right to me at all. It is not the material that was used in those patches. The patch material reminded me of this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ADRIAN-PETERSON-07-NATIONAL-TREASURES-ROOKIE-AUTO-PATCH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a13Q7c66Q3a4 Q7c39Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec 0Q2em14QQhashZitem5632c92abfQQitemZ370219231935QQp tZUSQ5fSMQ5fSportsQ5fCardsQQsalenotsupported#ebayp hotohosting

Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I knew enough to stay away, and I'm glad you did too.
    The material and stitching are completely different comparing the NT patch example you provide and OP's SPA patch link. The stitching and patch in the OP's link match up pretty well with current SPA Peterson's on ebay IMO except for the type (away) of jersey used. There is a slight difference in space between the yellow and purple layers on the patch in OP's link and other Peterson examples, but sometimes jerseys are sewn different in production. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    The material and stitching are completely different comparing the NT patch example you provide and OP's SPA patch link. The stitching and patch in the OP's link match up pretty well with current SPA Peterson's on ebay IMO except for the type (away) of jersey used. There is a slight difference in space between the yellow and purple layers on the patch in OP's link and other Peterson examples, but sometimes jerseys are sewn different in production. Thoughts?
    On my computer, they look very similar. Considering the SPA is a smaller window than the NT, it may not be discernible. Either way, I see a striking difference between the OP's SPA and most others I've seen. There's also a big difference between the NT I posted and most others I've seen. I think both are from the same seller.

Nothing is absolute in this game. I don't need 100% proof to stay away from a card. If there's even an inkling of doubt, I don't bid. Most of the cards I chase are worth too much money for me to be trusting in an environment that is plagued with phonies. Now I'm not gonna go around smearing this seller's name and calling him a fraud, but I did want to give my opinion since the OP asked.

You may very well be right, but I wouldn't touch that card with a 10' pole.

Perhaps a more convincing argument is that I've not seen another 3-color away jersey with SPA. Take a look at this guy's bucket: http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/thelittleticket/Peterson%20Sp/Peterson%20SP%20Base/

There are SEVERAL cards listed here (considering there are only 399 of these cards in existence) and I can't find one example of an away 3-color.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast