Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Koivu finds new home with ducks

After spending his entire career in Montreal, Saku Koivu will be calling Orange County his home.
    The Anaheim Ducks have signed the free-agent centre to a one-year contract.
    Koivu, 34, had been the Canadiens second-longest serving captain. His nine seasons with the 'C' trailed only the legendary Jean Beliveau, who was captain for 10 seasons.
    Koivu, who was drafted by the Canadiens with the 21st overall pick in the 1993 draft had hoped to stay with Habs, but realized if a deal did not get completed quickly, that the team that had 10 free agents following the season, would likely look elsewhere.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=284086
    Want List: Hidden Content

Trader List: Hidden Content

2. Kronozio
    Wow, this is one signing I would say came out of the blue. There were reports last week that he was likely to sign with the Minnesota Wild but I figured there were still a few teams going after him. Anaheim to say the least, was not a team I even thought of for a second as one that Koivu would be going to.

I would say that Selanne had a lot to do with this especially since he said he would retire after this season and Koivu signed a 1 year deal.

Montreal will miss you Saku, thanks for the good times and really sorry it had to end this way. Best of luck with the Ducks!

This actually hurts my heart. When I think of all that Saku meant to the Habs, and how much a lot of people in Montreal meant to Saku, it's tough to think of him somewhere else. I wish him nothing but the best this season, he will truly be missed.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yeah this really came out of nowhere. Good for Saku though. I like Brother tandems and would have liked to see him in Minny.....Maybe next year.

See ya Saku, too bad you didn't win a Cup in Mtl, it would have been great!

I bet RDS is just gleaming about this news

wow this is the big surprise out of this years free agent signings. didn't see this one coming.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    Here is my Hidden Content For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager!
    Also Looking for Upper Deck CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

Yeah, this was definitely a surprise to me also. Montreal really cleaned house this FA period, eh? Did they even resign anyone?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see JMFJ line him up and take him OUT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast