Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Grading??

Country
    See UAWarrior99's Items on eBay

Arrow Grading??

OK so I'm looking to get my Gretzky Topps rookie graded by Beckett. Only problem is that I live in Canada and can't seem to figured the process out IE. payment and shipping. Has anyone in Canada ever sent a Card to get graded? Any help is appreciated

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dan_bak's Items on eBay

Hi

My card dealer is doing that. Collecting cards to be sent to Beckett for grading. I live in Ottawa and Jim's Sports Cards on McArthur does that. I don't know where you live but I sure if you talk to your card dealer he will be able to tell you.

Dan

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I agree with Dan above me, talk to your local shop owner and he should be able to help

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's not cheap on the shipping. I remember a few months back I was thinking of doing a couple cards and seeing that the shipping would cost about as much as the service itself.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Washington Capitals Colorado Avalanche
    See rockstartrev's Items on eBay Instagram:

Best advice is to go thru yer card dealer, at least if he has a thing with Beckett. Wests Sports Cards(in Edmonton)has a deal with Beckett, so thats how I get mine graded. At most, it should only cost ya $20, and about 6 weeks to wait.
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Collecting Matt Duchene, Nathan MacKinnon and Cale Makar
    All Seattle Kraken Memorabilia Cards Hidden Content
    All Colorado Avalanche Memorabilia Cards Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

As with the consensus. The dealer is your best option.
    A couple of the dealers here(Sasakatoon) send in bulk and get a better rate for bulk grading, which translates(depending how your dealer works) to a better price you pay.
    Never hurts to ask if your shop will help you out.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

Country

my question is, how does the card value differ from being graded and non-graded? I've seen pretty cheap cards on E-Bay, but graded - and they are listed pretty high...

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

my question is, how does the card value differ from being graded and non-graded? I've seen pretty cheap cards on E-Bay, but graded - and they are listed pretty high...

In newer cards the grades are not that much different the big value is when it comes to old cards or the newer high end cards.

I mean you wont' see a $10 rookie card being graded going for a crazy price. But take that same rookie that books for a $1000 and you will see a big increase in price.

Any specifics just ask why it the card talk section.

Don

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Myself..... I coudn't agree more. If someone has an 08-09 RC that's graded a 10, my first thought is "so what?".

When it comes to some older vintage stuff though (like the '79 Topps Gretzkey mentioned in the origional post) that's a different story. A 6 vs a 7 vs an 8 vs a 9 will all get way different prices.