Thumbs up Mailcall: "Vincent!...we happy?" "Yeah...we happy."

Hey gang,

Hope everyone had a great week!

If my title this week went over anyone's head...I'll tie it together at the end of the post...

Ok, let's get a few traders outta the way. Just a small batch from a couple of the hobby's finest...Bert (allberts) and Tom (TJMichalak)!...

06/07 Parkhurst Tony Esposito auto

06/07 Parkhurst Tiger Williams auto

02/03 Parkhurst Retro Magnificent Inserts Mario Lemieux jsy /40

02/03 Parkhurst Retro Nicknames Mario Lemieux jsy /65

05/06 UD Ultimate Jerseys Mario Lemieux jsy /250

And now, the Wingy stuff...

Another pickup from Tom...

04/05 ITG Franchises West John Ogrodnick auto

And the "big 3" this time around come via a whopper of a trade recently completed with a great guy (not yet a member of any hobby sites) from Sterling Heights. Several weeks ago, he emailed me out of the blue, inquiring about my 05/06 Hot Prospects Filppula cards (White Hot patch/auto /5 and En Fuego shield/auto 1/1), which he had found listed on my Freewebs via a Google search.

Not only was he a fellow Wings fan, but he had been working on the 05/06 Hot Prospect set for some time, so he had been searching for a Filppula to help finish the set. He was not aware of the HP Filppula situation (the base auto RC /999 was a redemption which was ultimately never produced, and axed from the checklist), so I filled him in and explained that was why he'd never been able to find one. He said that one way or another, he wanted a Filppula, even if it was a parallel, to plug into the set.

After a few weeks of back-and-forth, the talks evolved into a monsterr, and now involved some of my other Wings PC cards...including my HP Lebda shield/auto 1/1. And in the end, as Curt (GabbyGuy) would say...he "made me an offer that I couldn't refuse"! And although the deal did cost me my Filppula White Hot /5, I managed to hang onto my Filppula En Fuego /1, so all was not lost!

3RD STAR

04/05 SPA Sign of the Times Gordie Howe auto

The 04/05 Gordie was one of the few autos within my Wings SOTT project that I actually had before, but decided to trade off (last year for an 07/08 Bowman SOTT SP), figuring that it would be fairly easy to replace...yeah, only took me a year, lol...

2ND STAR

00/01 SPA Sign of the Times Gordie Howe auto BGS 9.5 (w/8 auto...grrr!)

While I'm very happy to finally have a copy of this bugger...I'm on the fence as to what to do with it. I'm leaning heavily towards de-slabbing it, as all of my others are raw...or I could leave it intact, and try to trade it for a raw copy. What would you guys do?

And lastly (this ties into the thread title)...

Any Pulp Fiction fans out there?! Any of you ever had one of those "Vincent and the briefcase of souls" type experiences when opening up that much anticipated mail package?! Well, much like Vincent, I just found myself staring in awe of this card in all its blinding golden shininess!!

While this card had undoubtedly been near the top of my wantlist for years, I had accepted long ago that given the caliber of the card, paired with the fact that I had only ever even seen one other copy of it over the years...it was basically in that "autographed shield/Property Of..." 1/1 class, and I would just have to learn to live without it...

Well, no more...

1ST STAR

02/03 UD Premier Collection Super Rookie Gold Henrik Zetterberg patch/auto /15

Lol, I've had this card since Tuesday, and I still have to shake my head every time I look at it! I've always been a big fan of the 02/03 Premier patch/auto RCs, and my appreciation of them continues to grow every year, as UD has since evolved into the "photo shoot" crap (for those who are newer to the hobby...02/03 UD Premier Collection was the first, and for the most part, last set to feature actual "game-worn" patch/auto RCs).

That's all for now, gang! Thanks for stoppin' in, and comments always welcome!

And yes Barrie...I flamed yet another one, lol!

Joshua
    Last edited by MI5; 07-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Aweosme, I can use Espo and Lemieux stuff, PM me. SICK Hank card!

Sick RC Patch Auto /15! Nice additions all around
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Happy that you still have your Val and Brett shield (glad they wernt traded like Kopecky...LOL) personally I would go unslabbed on the Howe, see if you can trade it up for an unslabbed and a bonus maybe. Looove the Pulp reference!

As far as it's concerned from 1 Wings collector named Josh to another...lol, that Hank is the HOLY #%$#%^ GRAIL of modern Wings collections, may sound wierd to some but I'd rather have that than any current Wings shield any day of the week!!!! Thanks for sharing and letting me live vicariously through you!

Got to love those parkhurst autos. The zetty patch is amazing!

Thanks for the comments, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsfan-13 View Post
    Happy that you still have your Val and Brett shield (glad they wernt traded like Kopecky...LOL) personally I would go unslabbed on the Howe, see if you can trade it up for an unslabbed and a bonus maybe. Looove the Pulp reference!

As far as it's concerned from 1 Wings collector named Josh to another...lol, that Hank is the HOLY #%$#%^ GRAIL of modern Wings collections, may sound wierd to some but I'd rather have that than any current Wings shield any day of the week!!!! Thanks for sharing and letting me live vicariously through you!
    Hey Josh-Actually, the Lebs HP shield/auto did go bye-bye in the trade ...along with the Flip /5, some Lindsays, and a Shanny. I agree with the preference of the Premier Golds over the shields...in fact, before we worked a deal for the Zetty Gold, the guy offered to go after the Zetty/Sundin dual shield for me that was listed on the bay at the time, but I declined.

Sorry, read it wrong about the Lebda..lol Good call on passing up the shield, that Zet/Sun has been around a while, I am glad to see that the Lidstrom/Holmstrom Cup shield is finally selling in an auction. Thats been up on Ebay since it came out in 05-06