Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spider22ak's Items on eBay

Wade vs. LeBron (not what you think lol)

So I was looking into some high-end 03/04 rookies... and I noticed this oddity in pricing...

2003-04 SP Authentic #148 LeBron James AU RC Print Run 500 $925.00

2003-04 SP Authentic Limited #148 LeBron James AU Print Run 50 $1,400.00

Ok makes sense, one is # to 500 and the other is # 50... it should be worth more right?

Well then why is it not like that with the DWade RC?

2003-04 SP Authentic #152 Dwyane Wade AU RC Print Run 500 $300.00

2003-04 SP Authentic Limited #152 Dwyane Wade AU Print Run 50 $275.00

Think it's simply a pricing error, or Beckett just dropping the ball on pricing logically?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Oakland Raiders
    Instagram: My traders on Flickr

No its more like Beckett's Form of researching Sale Value's, its not as simple as well this one is lower #'d it should be worth more, they base it on the sale value's of those specific cards, from what I've known in the past Beckett has sport card shops that they use to gain info from (Sale Value/Trade Value Etc) and of course EBay and other auction sites then they do there math and come to a final value and that's how we get the bv's we do, so if the parallel version sells the same or lower then the base well thats how you get the lower bv or higher, and Wade Vs Lebron is not a match in 03-04 virtually everything anyone wanted was Lebron James.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spider22ak's Items on eBay

No its more like Beckett's Form of researching Sale Value's, its not as simple as well this one is lower #'d it should be worth more, they base it on the sale value's of those specific cards, from what I've known in the past Beckett has sport card shops that they use to gain info from (Sale Value/Trade Value Etc) and of course EBay and other auction sites then they do there math and come to a final value and that's how we get the bv's we do, so if the parallel version sells the same or lower then the base well thats how you get the lower bv or higher, and Wade Vs Lebron is not a match in 03-04 virtually everything anyone wanted was Lebron James.

I understand and expect the LeBron to be worth drastically more than the Wade, but it makes zero sense that LeBron's Limited version is worth almost $500 more than the regular, and the Wade is worth $25 less than the regular.

All they are doing is forcing the value of the card to go down with their ilogical pricing method when in reality it should be worth more since it's the same card, only a shorter print version. Assuming what you said is correct in how they do pricing, that completley ruins the usual "xxxx version numbered to xx is worth 2x to 3x" concept that is used for BV in most parallel sets as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Oakland Raiders
    Instagram: My traders on Flickr

i agree 100% limited versions should always be worth more than the base but also within reason, but also take into consideration that if there are multiple parallels of the same card (not going with lebron or wade just in general) then you cant expect the parallels to have a substantial multiplier with the logical thinking your using against the lebron/wade parallels, but with that being said i really hope beckett does change there way's of getting there value's although they have been doing this since day 1 and it is highly unlikely they will change any time soon, and we need to remember that its only a ballpark value (bookvalue) and only serve's as a starting point, as you know book values and sale values can differ, some cards sell higher than there book values or vise verse.