Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Detroit Pistons Send Arron Afflalo and Walter Sharpe to Nuggets for Second Round Pick

Kinda sad to see Afflalo go, but now this frees up some cap room for a Big Man (Specifically Big Baby Davis). Also the Pistons are sending approx. $350,000 to the Nuggets as well. thanx!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4324317

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Don't think getting rid of Afflalo and Sharpe's contract are enough to bring in Davis. Not sure what the point of this trade was because it just shortens their bench. Unless I'm mistaken and they have enough to sign another player. I would think that Gordon and Charlie V's contracts are too big for that

great trade for denver getting 2 young players with potential and only giving up a late draft choice

They should NOT have traded tem away...those two are young and up and coming and only for a second round pick??

But they free'd up just under $2 million in cap space as well which will help us pick up a player we could actually use. Only Afflalo actually had playing time with the Pistons and even his time was limited. I only saw Walter Sharpe play for about 2 minutes if that in one game so he isnt a huge loss either. I say good move for the Pistons if we pick up a player we could use in our system (a big man). thanx :)

Correction NOW this is the worst offseason in my lifetime...this clears LITTLE CAP SPACE! Neither of these guys make anything that makes a significant dent, and now, they trade argueably there best defender in Afflalo? Denver got a steal, this second round pick will most likely never do anything...

This trade clears 1.8 million in cap space, big deal
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

And we gave up two players who see little to no playing time per game unless its a blowout, so big deal

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Correction NOW this is the worst offseason in my lifetime...this clears LITTLE CAP SPACE! Neither of these guys make anything that makes a significant dent, and now, they trade argueably there best defender in Afflalo? Denver got a steal, this second round pick will most likely never do anything...

This trade clears 1.8 million in cap space, big deal

I feel for you brother!!! It seems to just keep getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NickRadz23 View Post
    And we gave up two players who see little to no playing time per game unless its a blowout, so big deal
    Afflalo got playing time, he won us a few games last year with his defense, and why get Glen Davis?? He's not a big man he is a PF!!!! 6'9 and a chubby boy, thats not a big man its a PF. Villanueva is 6'11 and is the PF on this team so Davis doesnt make sense in getting unless they want to play a small lineup that gets killed by teams inside
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh26 View Post
    I feel for you brother!!! It seems to just keep getting worse.
    honestly, right now, i'd rather not be a Pistons fans (When Nathan & Jeremy come in, no this doesnt make me want to be a Cavs/Boston fan)

It really has been awful, on top of Bill Davidson passing away, and his wife/son ruining a great organization that he built, McDyess leaving Sheed going to a rival team, Giving up on a max deal and getting Ben Gordon when we have Rip creating the same "AI" situation as last year, trading Billups to begin with, and now this, its just tough
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast