Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

possible eBay shipping issue w/ seller

Hey guys, looking for opinions on a low-level, very minor problem.

I bought 6 autos off a seller who charges $2.50 for the first card, and $.50 for each additional card...which is fine. The problem is the Shipping/Payments tab in the item description states "Free Shipping for each additional item." I figured that's from an old auction and hasn't been updated, but after I won all 6 cards and went to check out, I was surprised to see the shipping total was only $2.50...not $5.00.

So I promptly paid yesterday, and now I see my payment was fully refunded, and he sent an invoice asking for $5.00 shipping.

What would you guys do here...it's only $2.50 more, and he described the shipping in the item description -- but I don't see how I should compensate the seller for a mistake in his listing w/ contradicting shipping policies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

start by contacting him and explaining the situation- see what he says and go from there
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See whooooaaaaa's Items on eBay

Put yourself in his situation. As you mentioned, he probably made a mistake by not updating the description.

The right thing would be to pay the $2.50 more to the seller. Just my $0.02.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

I would review the listing one more time.

Check every detail.

If you still understand that the shipping should be $2.50, then contact the seller.

If that doesn't help any, contact eBay. Of course this may cause a problem with the seller and he may say too bad....and not finalize the deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Headbando5's Items on eBay

I agree with whoooa, Put yourself in the seller's shoes. It's really not that much more and not worth fighting for in my opinion. He is selling you the cards anyway, you wouldn't get all 6 in the same lot probablly anywhere else.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

If it says in the listing that each extra card is free shipping then the seller should stand by that claim. It's his fault he didn't take it out of the listing. I work in retail and if we keep an old price sign up for an item saying it's $49.99 when it really should be $69.99, we have to honor the cheaper price even if it's incorrect. So to me it's the same situation.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

Blog Entries
    Country

just pay and move on, $2.50 isn't worth getting your panties in a twist

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Put yourself in his situation. As you mentioned, he probably made a mistake by not updating the description.

The right thing would be to pay the $2.50 more to the seller. Just my $0.02.

I agree with whoooa, Put yourself in the seller's shoes. It's really not that much more and not worth fighting for in my opinion. He is selling you the cards anyway, you wouldn't get all 6 in the same lot probablly anywhere else.

OK I will put myself in the seller's shoes. Can I ship the cards for $2.50? Yes. Was it my fault? Yes. What ever happened to customer service? As a seller, I want people to be happy. It's also just $2.50 to him! I would at least bring it up. Maybe he thinks that you modified the shipping yourself. As a seller, I would eat the $2.50 to make my customer happy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See thirdshiftradio's Items on eBay

In the beginning you felt fine to pay the $5 s/h , I would just pay it and get my cards...thats just me though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sprooch's Items on eBay

just pay and move on, $2.50 isn't worth getting your panties in a twist

I agree with him. Not worth the fight or you not getting the cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast