Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shill Bidding

Country
    See itsmeitsmemandy's Items on eBay

Shill Bidding

Ok I was bidding the other day on a item. And it jumped up very fast so I stopped bidding and I looked at the person that was bidding against me and I think it was some shill bidding. Here is there 30 days bidding

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 137
    Items bid on: 126
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 75%
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0

The seller was wolverine24

I also went through the feedback of wolverine24 and didn't find any feedback left from the winner for any auctions. You would think if you bid that much with someone you should have won more than one auction IMO. I guess I will just wait and see if the item goes back on Ebay

SCF Rewards
    Country

That one is pretty obvious, but it's not as bad as one that was posted in a similar thread a few weeks ago. The "buyer" had nearly 2000 bids, and over 80% of them were with Wolverine24. There's no question that his auctions are frequently shill bid, but there are people who vehemently deny it on this board. Many people don't care about shill bidding and will tell you not to bid past your max, but I really despise the practice myself.

Blog Entries
    Country

wolverine24??? so obv.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know how others feel on sniping, but I feel it's the way to go...good way to avoid someone shilling your bid.

If you're using Firefox, try the myibay extension...lets you snipe auctions within a few seconds.

Country

I don't know how others feel on sniping, but I feel it's the way to go...good way to avoid someone shilling your bid.

If you're using Firefox, try the myibay extension...lets you snipe auctions within a few seconds.

what sec. does it wait for? I have no probem with sniping it's happened to me before and might have done that to other before just by waiting.

Is wolverine24 a member here or ever said anything about his ebay things on here or just have people speak for him ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

what sec. does it wait for? I have no probem with sniping it's happened to me before and might have done that to other before just by waiting.

Is wolverine24 a member here or ever said anything about his ebay things on here or just have people speak for him ?

By default, it places the bid when there's 6 seconds left...but you can change that; I prefer 4 seconds.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 248rayment4343's Items on eBay

from what i have read and been told he sells fake autos to and has shill bidders

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (3)
    Country
    See tiki_tomoka's Items on eBay

what you guys realize is that he DOESNT shill ALL of his auctions. some of that stuff is just coincidental

Country

what you guys realize is that he DOESNT shill ALL of his auctions. some of that stuff is just coincidental

I agree but some of it isn't

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oupt's Items on eBay

I just won an auction with him the other day and I'm pretty sure it was shilled. If you look at the bid history the guy below me bid on 295 auctions with 80% being wolverine24 auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370223893601

That being said,I paid what I wanted to for the card. It sucks that some people do it but if you know what you can spend just follow that. If it doesn't sell because of shilling just get it next times it's listed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast