Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cory Stringers Death

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Dallas Stars Dallas Cowboys Florida Gators
    See Mrp08tl's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Cory Stringers Death

So I just read the article on the 4 letter. Essentially, Stringers family sued Riddell the maker of the helmet and shoulder pads he was wearing when he died of heat stroke. Apparently, Riddell should have warned Stringer (and others) that using these products during extreme heat could contribute to heat stroke.

Does anyone else find this to be the most absurd thing ever?

Does God need to put a warning label on the Sun that says it is Hot,and being outside when the sun is up could contribute to heat stroke? I mean seriously,why is Stringer unfortunate death Riddell's fault . . IT'S NOT!

This just reminds me of Bill Engvall "Here's your sign!"

discuss. . .

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's crazy, they are getting desparate for money.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Sadly, this kind of thing happens all the time. Similar to bars and restaurants being held liable when someone drinks there, drives home, and gets in an accident. Does the restaurant/bar really have to tell you not to drink and drive? People just trying to get a dime anywhere and anyhow they can...quite lame.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steveheger's Items on eBay

I think it is ridiculous. Money-grubbing slime.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Much like the lady that sued McDonalds (and won) when she spilled her coffee on herself, it wasn't labled as being hot (doh)......the world is full of morons who will try to profit off of anything and anyone.

While the death was unfortunate, I am sure he was aware of the possibilities, even without a warning label.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Dallas Stars Dallas Cowboys Florida Gators
    See Mrp08tl's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

What bothers me are the judges that award a verdict in the plaintiff's favor. ™™™!?!? The defendant should sue the court because their was no warning sign that read "Caution - if tried in this court room you should be aware that you could lose the case."

SCF Rewards
    Country

"Your Honor, I suffered a tremendous bout of brain freeze, how was I to know the ice cream was cold, there was no warning label, and now I suffer emotional set backs every time I hear the ice cream man come through my neighborhood."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

Much like the lady that sued McDonalds (and won) when she spilled her coffee on herself, it wasn't labled as being hot (doh)......the world is full of morons who will try to profit off of anything and anyone.

While the death was unfortunate, I am sure he was aware of the possibilities, even without a warning label.

Agreed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The sad thing is that Riddell will probably settle out of court rather than deal with the potential negative media.

Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't Stringer taking some type of weight loss pills or something? How about suing the company that made the pills? That would make sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steveheger's Items on eBay

Funny thing. Read the whole McDonalds case through one time because of what I thought of its ridiculousness. Apparently the coffee was served at around 180 degrees and scalded her thighs, buttocks, and groin. She was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent. She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. Wasn't so ridiculous or frivolous after I read that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast