Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Not going to call it a rant, b/c that's an over-done cliche

    Ok guys, first of all, this IS NOT a rant. I'm sick of that term. I just have a few things I need to get off of my chest.

    I am TRULY sick of these "rate the ______ of the person above you" threads and threads like them.

    First off, most people just post in them to make their total post count go up. This is pretty ridiculous to me.

    Secondly, they always reach the point when someone says "I'll rate you 9/10 because you rated me 9/10." , which completely defeats the purpose of the thread in the first place, not to mention the retaliatory "I'm going to rate you -1/10 because you dislike my _______ and rated it low".

    Finally, they really clutter the chit-chat forum. I find it harder and harder every time I try to read this forum to find threads that have more substance to them than "9/10, 8/10, 7/10" 2/10" so on and so forth. It's gotten to the point where everyone has to sift through multiple threads like the one mentioned above to find the posts regarding news and other matters we may find interesting.


    If anyone thinks that I'm refering to them specifically, know that I truly am not. I just had to get some of these things off of my chest.

  2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
  3. #2
    what he said

    cheers mike
    Hi All

    My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.







    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by debtriddin View Post
    what he said

    cheers mike
    Haha Thanks Mike!

    -Jack

  5. #4
    I disagree, i like the rating of the threads, especially Nathans, because i can give him -1,000,000 until he changes his banner :)

    I dont think anyone is trying to boost there post count, you dont get any award for post count anyhow, its just somthing fun
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I disagree, i like the rating of the threads, especially Nathans, because i can give him -1,000,000 until he changes his banner :)

    I dont think anyone is trying to boost there post count, you dont get any award for post count anyhow, its just somthing fun
    Would you disagree with this point?

    Secondly, they always reach the point when someone says "I'll rate you 9/10 because you rated me 9/10." , which completely defeats the purpose of the thread in the first place, not to mention the retaliatory "I'm going to rate you -1/10 because you dislike my _______ and rated it low".

  7. #6
    I disagree as well, there are only a few who post in them all the time and one after the other, but they are just fun. I don't know why you're worried about Post count because that doesn't matter, they dont get a box of cards once they get to 1,000 so there is no need to get frustrated.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by HIJACK12 View Post
    Would you disagree with this point?

    Secondly, they always reach the point when someone says "I'll rate you 9/10 because you rated me 9/10." , which completely defeats the purpose of the thread in the first place, not to mention the retaliatory "I'm going to rate you -1/10 because you dislike my _______ and rated it low".
    In my opinion they are not hurting me so i just dont read them if i dont like them. Same could be said in any forum about official team threads, check out my box break, or i collect _________ so start posting cards.... they dont affect me and the box breaks tend to get a lot of the same type responses... nice break, cool pull, etc....

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tutall View Post
    In my opinion they are not hurting me so i just dont read them if i dont like them. Same could be said in any forum about official team threads, check out my box break, or i collect _________ so start posting cards.... they dont affect me and the box breaks tend to get a lot of the same type responses... nice break, cool pull, etc....
    Yeah, I see your point. It just gets tough to ignore them when they cause me to miss threads that I'm interested in because of constant posts of little or no substance.

  10. #9
    This thread you made is just adding to the clutter

    I disagree tho, its just something for members to do

  11. #10
    It's not really the post count thing that bothers me personally. When there are multiple threads of this type it gets hard to find other interesting threads because they all get pushed down off the first few pages.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on