Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you suggest?

Question What would you suggest?

Well it's been about 2 years since I last opened a pack and all you guys talking about cards makes me want to buy a box. So my question is what box of cards would you suggest me buying? I'd like to spend less than $50 if possible. I perfer baseball and football, but I'd buy a basketball box also. Let me know if you got any suggestions and if you know where to get the box from for a good price.

I've just started collecting again and in my opinion 2003 Topps Chrome Hobby boxes are pretty good, The series one boxes on ebay are going for around $45 or so or if you want to order the series two ahead of time I can get them for you for $46 plus S&H I'll just give you the website if you want... It's a set of only 220 cards with 20 First Year RC and I have pulled some pretty quality Game Used jerseys and bats out of them along with several #ed refractors........

Iggy,

I would hold out and preorder a box of Bowman Chrome. I feel these are consistantly the best baseball cards on the market.

Also, you might want to pick up some packs of last years bowman chrome and watch some of those rookies hit the bigs a bit quicker than you'll see with this years cards. I've got a feeling last years crop is going to be very good in a year or two.

BGray
    SCF Founder
    BIG Props to everyone at SCF as you chase 14 Million posts!

How much do Bowman Chrome boxes usually run?

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    I would just buy the Topps Traded Chrome. Great set loaded with rookies and prospects....

Upper Deck is usually a safe bet... but you might give Donruss or Leaf a shot depending on your taste.

What is it you'd want out of your purchase?

Originally posted by IggyWH
    How much do Bowman Chrome boxes usually run?
    about $55 -$75 on ebay. A Lot more in shops. Keep your eye out on ebay and you might be able to score almost a full box or 2002 for just over $50.

BGray
    SCF Founder
    BIG Props to everyone at SCF as you chase 14 Million posts!

Originally posted by thekingpin
    Upper Deck is usually a safe bet... but you might give Donruss or Leaf a shot depending on your taste.

What is it you'd want out of your purchase?
    A quality product with the chance of at least making my money back on the box... but with todays cards, I understand that might be far fetched.

I like your suggestion, BGray. From the thread I started about being overwhelmed by all the cards out there, time and time again I see the best of the rookie cards point to Bowman Chrome. My vote's for this box. Here's an idea...rather than donate cards, we all chip in for a box and put them up for the store!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast