Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

$102,000

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that price is crazy, esp when you can get a PSA 10 for about 10% of the cost. I think that whole 1/1 or 1/2 craze is out of control, esp when it comes to graded cards. There is still a lot of raw 86 fleer out there, so the number of BGS 10's and PSA 10's is only going to go up, thus making this card less scarce and less valuable in the process.

If I was going to drop $75K on a card, it would be something truly scarce like a 52 Mantle, not a modern card with thousands and thousands of it floating around.

Link to PSA 10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-86-87-Fleer...d=p3286.c0.m14

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Hoops-collector's Items on eBay

I find it funny that this card is over $75K and yet he still is charging a shipping fee

I would buy the seller a ticket to my house and have him pick it up in person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im pretty 99.7% sure my lcs has this jordan rookie as part of their bgs 10 86-87 fleer set. i cant believe this one card is so high. It is a really nice card though.

ill see if I can take a picture at my lcs and post it up here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey not saying ur lying but bgs keeps records of the cards it grades and there is only 1 graded a bgs 10 so i doubt ur lcs has a bgs 10.
    Im pretty 99.7% sure my lcs has this jordan rookie as part of their bgs 10 86-87 fleer set. i cant believe this one card is so high. It is a really nice card though.

ill see if I can take a picture at my lcs and post it up here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Glad to see the demand is there for this card still (in general).
    The grading system is still a mystery to me. I bet none of us could tell the difference between a BGS10 and a BGS 9.5, but that's another story.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hacksaw55's Items on eBay

Just because it sells for over 79K it doesn't the seller needs to give a break on shipping and any other fees associated with it, and why spend 2k to fly and meet, obviously whoever buys the card have enough money to spend on a card board.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Graded cards weren't really a big deal back when I was active in the hobby, but I'm assuming for older cards the cut doesn't have to be perfectly centered to be a 10? It sure looks to me that the centering is a little to the right on this card. It's a little easier to see on the back.

Am I saying it's not pristine? No. Am I saying it's not an amazing card? No. Just would have figured a "10" would be centered enough that it wouldn't be noticeable. Granted I am a big ignorant when it comes to the practice of "grading" a card, so maybe it's just me. lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

Am I saying it's not pristine? No. Am I saying it's not an amazing card? No.

Since you brought it up, I think the bottom right corner looks soft compared to the other three. Also, more noticeable on the back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Since you brought it up, I think the bottom right corner looks soft compared to the other three. Also, more noticeable on the back.

I didn't even really look at that, but I agree with you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast