Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xtcy5's Items on eBay

Great Stories!!

I have another one that happened 2 years ago...

Laugh Category:

I bought a card from a 'Power Seller" on eBay, who I found difficult to deal with... His Shipping/Handling charges were high but I understood the reasoning behind it.. It was his rude responses and he would take a week to respond to any email/question, + he took a month to mail out the card... The card cost me 40.00... + 12.00 for Shipping (in Canada)... He shipped without tracking/insurance...

The Joke, I got the card, opened it up and was SHOCKED to discover a Crosby /99 UD ICE RC... At the time the card was 2K!!! He sent me the wrong card!!!

I contacted the seller and thanked him for his generosity.. I told him what he sent.... I received within the hour a dozen emails with all sorts of kindness!! I have to admit, I did not reply for a "few" hours!!! I just chuckled at Karma!!!

Not wanting to ruin my own Karma, I sent the card back the next day... Long story short, that 'Power Seller" still emails me today and has become one of my favorite sellers..... Karma!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

I have one, not huge but still qutie ****** about it

When I first joined the site last year some one was looking for jersey cards to have for tradebait so I said I have around 20 or so to trade. He said he would offer me lots of crosby, ovechkin and lemieux cards of equal BV.....Long story short I received the cards to open up, 4 lemieux inserts, maybe 1 ovechkin insert and about 100 crosby diary of a phenom cards.....I couldnt leave negative because BVs were just about equal....

SCF Rewards
    Country

ouch

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pyrayork's Items on eBay

I have a pet cockateel that has his cage in the same room as my cards....I was getting ready to ship a card that i sold on the Bay when I got a phone call.I left the room for about 10 minutes forgetting that the bird was out.When I cam back the whole upper right corner of the card was gone and he was still chewing and whistling at the same time...Luckily the card was only about a 20 dollar sale so it was no big deal to me,but the buyer wasnt too happy...I sent his $$ back and put the bird in another room:)......Prior to that he also chewed through my speaker wire....Live and learn.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a pet cockateel that has his cage in the same room as my cards....I was getting ready to ship a card that i sold on the Bay when I got a phone call.I left the room for about 10 minutes forgetting that the bird was out.When I cam back the whole upper right corner of the card was gone and he was still chewing and whistling at the same time...Luckily the card was only about a 20 dollar sale so it was no big deal to me,but the buyer wasnt too happy...I sent his $$ back and put the bird in another room:)......Prior to that he also chewed through my speaker wire....Live and learn.

HEE HEE, that is funny!! Sorry I know that sucks, but that is a great story..... Rolling over!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vanspronsen's Items on eBay

i have done the old drop the card and then roll over it with the chair looking for it luckily it was only a Dustin Byfuglien young gun

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Okay I will share my card story (sad but funny a little)

Got my mail one day and inside the bubble envelope was my brand new sidney crosby poweerplay rc card and I was showing it off to my daughters (twins who were 4 at the time)

They know my favourite player I collect is sidney crosby and they can even spell his name correctly (you can see were this is going)
    they have seen my others crosby cards and notice that he has a black jersey on most of the time.
    I go downstair to get us a snack and drink and when I come back ( about 5 minutes) there is my lovely daughter holding the crosby and a black sharpie markers and proceeeds to show me that she colored in his white jersey and spelled his name on the card!!!!

I was not sure whether to laugh or cry but I just had to smile and let it go!!!

Thank god I done leave my hi end stuff around for her to touch!!!

enjoy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See innsex's Items on eBay

a couple weeks ago, i went to the card shop with hopes of opening up a tin of the cup. they didn't have any left so i got suckered into 2 boxes/packs of opcp instead(199 each plus tax). i got approx. 100 bv worth of cards out of 2 200 dollar boxes. i was almost crying in the store!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay I will share my card story (sad but funny a little)

Got my mail one day and inside the bubble envelope was my brand new sidney crosby poweerplay rc card and I was showing it off to my daughters (twins who were 4 at the time)

They know my favourite player I collect is sidney crosby and they can even spell his name correctly (you can see were this is going)
    they have seen my others crosby cards and notice that he has a black jersey on most of the time.
    I go downstair to get us a snack and drink and when I come back ( about 5 minutes) there is my lovely daughter holding the crosby and a black sharpie markers and proceeeds to show me that she colored in his white jersey and spelled his name on the card!!!!

I was not sure whether to laugh or cry but I just had to smile and let it go!!!

Thank god I done leave my hi end stuff around for her to touch!!!

enjoy

Having two daughters myself, I can relate... Great story!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See todtz1979's Items on eBay

last year i pulled a price ultimate dbt patch nice 3 clr patch and it on the desk for about 2 days went to grab it and it was like it was glued down something was spilled on the case and a bunch got inside and 200 dollar card was as good as gone i do not leave any more high end cards sitting a round anymore lesson learned

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast