Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two stories: One. I left the hobby in 2003 and came back in 2006 for Crosby. I was obsessed with the Beehive set from that year and decided to do the master set which I've never done a master set before and the challenge seemed daunting with a huge checklist. At a card show I located a dealer with many jersey cards I needed from that set, all low end. At the time I thought it was a good idea to trade some of my high end jersey cards $80+ for many low end cards. It worked out to be 4 cards for 22 cards. Even BV trade. I went for quantity over quality and still shake my head when I think about it. Those 4 cards I could easily sell for $200 in total and the 22, probably could get $25. And the master set, still incomplete.

Two: I was trading with an individual that just released a PC player for trade. At the same time I was trying to get another person to trade with me but I didn't have what they were looking for in return, he was specifically looking for the player just released from the other guys collection. I asked this potential trader what are your wants for that player and he replied with a list that contained cards for trade in my current trade scenario. I was thinking this will work out perfectly. I completed the trade with the first trader including $75 into this one player. I turn around and let the potential trader know I have some of your top wants, let's trade. He replies back. Sorry the list I sent you was of cards I had not wants. Smh. Still sitting on all but one of those cards for the last 7 years now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens San Diego Padres
    See cjmaclean's Items on eBay

Mine comes from way back when I started collecting, this is probably late 2000. Every two weeks my Dad would buy me a pack of Victory - nothing expensive, but I loved opening those cards. I remember the first time I pulled a Canadiens player (Eric Weinrich base) I got a nosebleed I was so excited! Anyway, one day he decided to splurge and went with 2 packs of Black Diamond instead. It must have been a hot box, because both came out with game used skates from Mark Messier! Of course, I had no idea what I had, and promptly traded them away for McDonald's Net Fusions cards. Still kick myself for that, and keep an eye on eBay in case one should pop up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I stumbled across a 11-12 Dominion Strapping Lads Dual /7 on the Bay and got so wrapped up in it that I totally forgot I was watching another card I actually really wanted and missed bidding on it. At least I won the Strapping Lads and its a cool card but wasn't meant for my PC.

I remember watching an auction on EBay for something I really wanted. (Can't remember what it was now [perhaps I have suppressed the memory], but I really, really wanted it.) So I got on the page a full 5 minutes before the auction ended, convinced that I was going to watch the auction all the way to the end and wasn't gonna take the chance on missing it.

Well, after watching an EBay page for 5 minutes, your mind starts to play games. I started day dreaming and thinking of other things. And so I sat there and watched the seconds count down: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and I forgot to press the bid button.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr._valenti's Items on eBay

My story: found a card on ebay I really wanted for my PC ... but when the auction ended I was on a weekend trip to my parents, so I had to bid with my mobile. 15 seconds before the auction ended I was high bidder and counting down the seconds when my ebay-app reminded me of an ending auchtion - the one I was watching ... by the time I had closed this message-window, the auction had ended and I was outbid by 0.01$

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I won a white whale off of eBay. Sweet. Limited to 5... but the first one to pop up online in 2 years.

Was learning about how to ship to an american mailing address (I am in Canada). Actually rented a mailbox for this purpose ...

Wasn't careful about how I copy/pasted. Sent the card to STARBUCKS HEADQUARTERS IN SEATTLE WASHINGTON.

The best part was that the tracked shipping worked. It arrived (was signed for)... and then vanished. I tried calling, emailing... even sending a letter to that address. Gone.

The worst part is, that this particular player, and you know who I am talking about, wore #4. This card was a nice three color patch #4/5.

FML

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cordesjardin0's Items on eBay

About 12 years ago I was at an antique shop in Newmarket and they had 2 Gretzky cards for sale. ! was his opc rookie and the other was his second year record breaker opc. The rookie was 80$ and the record breaker was 10$. I didnt know much about cards at the time and bought the record breaker. I now still have the record breaker in my collection with the price tag still on the plastic cover as a constant reminder :(
    Last edited by Krizack; 11-22-2016 at 09:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would like to know the player, it's a horrible story tho

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scox23's Items on eBay

So yesterday I was excited for the first high end release (Black Diamond) with all the leafs rookies this year! I paid $284 cad to take the leafs in a 5 box inner case break. 5 boxes/5 cards per box plus 5 exquisite singles and I got.......... 1 CARD! 1 William Nylander Jumbo Team Patch ($284 for a non auto non numbered manufactured patch!!!).
    After this, I watched some breaks on YouTube and was seeing 4-5 leaf hits per break, I don't think I watched another break with just 1 leafs per inner case.
    So later last night still feeling the sting, I tried another break to hopefully erase the bad taste from my mouth. So I paid $150 cad for a 20 box break for all/any Rookie Booklet Autos. And after waiting up all night and watching everyone else in the break get beautiful cards, I got........ not one single card. So end of the day $434 for one single manufactured patch card. I think I will be taking a good break from the hobby after this one.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

So yesterday I was excited for the first high end release (Black Diamond) with all the leafs rookies this year! I paid $284 cad to take the leafs in a 5 box inner case break. 5 boxes/5 cards per box plus 5 exquisite singles and I got.......... 1 CARD! 1 William Nylander Jumbo Team Patch ($284 for a non auto non numbered manufactured patch!!!).
    After this, I watched some breaks on YouTube and was seeing 4-5 leaf hits per break, I don't think I watched another break with just 1 leafs per inner case.
    So later last night still feeling the sting, I tried another break to hopefully erase the bad taste from my mouth. So I paid $150 cad for a 20 box break for all/any Rookie Booklet Autos. And after waiting up all night and watching everyone else in the break get beautiful cards, I got........ not one single card. So end of the day $434 for one single manufactured patch card. I think I will be taking a good break from the hobby after this one.

Ugh I feel so bad just reading this. Sorry to hear about your luck. This is why I'm very selective with my Group Breaks and buy singles instead. Sorry to hear about this. Best of luck moving forward though!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scox23's Items on eBay

Ugh I feel so bad just reading this. Sorry to hear about your luck. This is why I'm very selective with my Group Breaks and buy singles instead. Sorry to hear about this. Best of luck moving forward though!

I was en route to the LCS today thinking of buying a box to try recover some of my loses, but turned back. I will try to trade now to get my leaf rookies. Merry Christmas!!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast