Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Foiling McDavid Young Guns on epack. Think I burned 15?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Jersey Nets New York Rangers
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/ElCaminoBilly COMC Cards For Sale

I didn't start collecting NHL until this year. Ugh...my 29th year in the hobby. In all actuality I should have been in the sport since 1996, when my school had floor hockey- my favorite sport ever in school. I tried watching on TV but my eyesight is so bad I couldn't track the puck and had no idea what was going on. I tried a few other times but I still couldn't see what was happening. It didn't "take" until November of last year when my TV died and I put it in my phone, which is at arm's length away, instead of across the room. Now I could see it, and I'm hooked, big time. It's already surpassed NASCAR for me and I've been following that sport for 25 years.

I can't go back and redo those years, but I can at least guarantee it will be a part of my life for the rest of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

Dogs and Cards

Back when I was a kid I opened a lot of 1987 Topps Baseball packs. So much so that for the 30th anniversary this year I went through my duplicates and managed to put together a third complete set (with help from a few SCF trades). This third set went to my younger brother, who is just about the same age as the cards. He got a big kick out of them when I brought them over to his house.

Later that morning he and I decided to go out for a while, so we left the 800-ct box on his kitchen counter and said goodbye to his two dogs.

When we came back, the box was on the floor -- chewed open -- and cards were strewn everywhere.

I guess his dogs don't like collecting. Or maybe they smelled traces of 30-year-old bubble gum and wanted to investigate?

Either way, the cards themselves weren't chewed up or slobbered on (thankfully), so we took a few minutes to put everything back in the box. The next task is re-sorting them by number. It's too bad the dogs can't do that as part of their punishment.

The lesson? Don't leave bubble gum cards on the counter if you have large, inquisitive dogs.
    Last edited by Thick McRunfast; 08-21-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Back when I was a kid I opened a lot of 1987 Topps Baseball packs. So much so that for the 30th anniversary this year I went through my duplicates and managed to put together a third complete set (with help from a few SCF trades). This third set went to my younger brother, who is just about the same age as the cards. He got a big kick out of them when I brought them over to his house.

Later that morning he and I decided to go out for a while, so we left the 800-ct box on his kitchen counter and said goodbye to his two dogs.

When we came back, the box was on the floor -- chewed open -- and cards were strewn everywhere.

I guess his dogs don't like collecting. Or maybe they smelled traces of 30-year-old bubble gum and wanted to investigate?

Either way, the cards themselves weren't chewed up or slobbered on (thankfully), so we took a few minutes to put everything back in the box. The next task is re-sorting them by number. It's too bad the dogs can't do that as part of their punishment.

The lesson? Don't leave bubble gum cards on the counter if you have large, inquisitive dogs.

Very funny story! Dogs can do that! I'd be terrified to leave my cards around a dog.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

We all know what they say about hindsight, but selling that Draisaitl YG a couple of years ago for about $10 hurts a little.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This happened a couple of years ago.

I won a High Gloss YG card of a low end player for my PC. Taking it out of the packaging and the top-loader to put into a 1-touch. Drops onto the floor and I roll over it with my chair as I tried to retrieve it....

Puts a crease into the card, "oh well, guess this is staying permanently in my PC". about a year later, said player gets traded from the team. I don't remember the crease and it's not obvious through the one-touch, so I list the card on Ebay and somebody buys it! They get it and I get some pointed emails from them.... refunded them right away and then I remembered what happened.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Seattle Seahawks Toronto Blue Jays
    See watchtrader_ca's Items on eBay

This happened a couple of years ago.

I won a High Gloss YG card of a low end player for my PC. Taking it out of the packaging and the top-loader to put into a 1-touch. Drops onto the floor and I roll over it with my chair as I tried to retrieve it....

Puts a crease into the card, "oh well, guess this is staying permanently in my PC". about a year later, said player gets traded from the team. I don't remember the crease and it's not obvious through the one-touch, so I list the card on Ebay and somebody buys it! They get it and I get some pointed emails from them.... refunded them right away and then I remembered what happened.....

This kind of thing has happened to be before on non-sports cards stuff.. like Magic the Gathering. Happened twice where I just forgot the condition was not mint... I now do a quick inspection prior to shipping. One time I caught it after it sold it and had to tell the buyer that there was some damage I was not aware of and cancel the sale. Felt like such a bonehead.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

A post from "Upperdeck"

This comes from an unnamed "source" at upperdeck.
    "So, as a partnership within Sereal over in Europe, we had some help getting autographs on the buyback cards from players domiciled in Europe. They had an 26 year old intern named Neil Yakupov helping out. He apparently came to the USA after graduating high school and after not much job success, went home to Russia. While finalizing everything, we realized that a card was snuck into the collation that does not belong in this product, but it was too late in the production timeline to pull it. We decided to continue with the release, and apologize in advance to the person who pulls this card. "

P.s. this is satire with nothing legit from ud in this post

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ruined a Carter Hart YG with laundry detergent.. dont even ask.

Oh and I dropped a Jamie Benn Canvas base into a coffee cup but no big loss there

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Ruined a Carter Hart YG with laundry detergent.. dont even ask.

Oh and I dropped a Jamie Benn Canvas base into a coffee cup but no big loss there

Man, I feel for your hobby loss with that Carter Hart YG...

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast