Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

1998-99 Fleer Traditions No Shaq?

I was at a card show today, and bought a box of these, more for fun than serious gold-digging. Not being that familiar with the new basketball stuff, I was hoping for a few good cards. But, why did they not have a regular card of Shaq in this set? There is a Plus Factor subset card of him, but that's it. Why?

On a happy note, I pulled an Iverson Electrifying Insert, and a Pippen Timeless Memories Insert, along with three Kobe's...not bad for a $20. box...

SCF Rewards

that's strange; I just checked Beckett, and you are right, no Shaq Fleer Tradition

I wonder why he was omitted?

SCF Rewards
    Country

well my guess would be that shaq is a topps guy and maybe they were going through some type of contract debate at the time...

SCF Rewards

hmmmm, that could be.

But, then again, Shaq and all players have cards from Fleer, Topps, and Upper Deck?

who knows?

but it's an interesting thought as to why he was not in that particular set

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jokeboy's Items on eBay

You guys remember 98-99 and the beginning of one series sets?
    think about 98-99 Metal, it wasnt complete
    that was the lockout year, when the season came out, there wasnt time to do two series of cards for every set, so thats when they started everything as one series! Hoops, Metal, Fleer, and a couple others did not come out with the series 2 they usually did and therefore left out players

SCF Rewards

Interesting, it still blows my mind that out of 150 cards, they found room for a lot of players who never see the court, but no Shaq! Fleer must have been asleep on this set...

SCF Rewards
    Country

prolly the contract problem