Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gr8snoopy's Items on eBay

the mcgins are different..look @ #ing and signature (swoop)

the signatures r the same the only thing is the patch is switched around

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See todtz1979's Items on eBay

Personally, I would not care if the patch was flipped. It is still "game used" which is ultimtely what is defeated when a patch is taken out and a fake put in. Just my two cents.

all rookie cards in the cup are from photo shoot jersey not game used every product of the year for rookies are photo shoot jerseys

SCF Rewards
    Country

crazy world we live in man.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Hi all,

Back on January 5th, sharkaholic707 (from Hobby Insider) sent me a PM asking if a Thornton Signature Patch listed on ebay was real as it had a San Jose patch in it instead of a Boston patch. I didn't get back to him until today as I simply forgot to after receiving the PM. My apologies to him or the eventual purchaser of this card if they are a member of these boards!

Here is a picture of the card from the ebay auction. This is the link to the ebay auction.

Today I looked through my images and found the same card (after half an hour):

In case the auction disappears here are some facts from the auction. I am not calling anyone out here, simply providing facts that are, or have been, in the public domain.

Seller: otter99
    Feedback of seller: 18579, 100% Positive
    Auction ended January 12, 2010 with 17 bids for $38.
    When you click on the bid #, here is what you see for each bidder "private listing - bidders' identities protected"

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country

Here's another.

Original:

Fake:

ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.ca/08-09-The-Cup-RAINBOW-AUTO-PATCH-RC-Alex-Goligoski-67_W0QQitemZ220536313542

Same seller and end date as the Thornton card above.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

that original scan doesnt look right, why does it seem too black to even be anything?

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country

that original scan doesnt look right, why does it seem too black to even be anything?

Its an all black patch. I photographed 45 cards per shot. Its right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrivetheGreen66's Items on eBay

Here's another.

Original:

Fake:

ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.ca/08-09-The-Cup-RAINBOW-AUTO-PATCH-RC-Alex-Goligoski-67_W0QQitemZ220536313542

Same seller and end date as the Thornton card above.

I came close to winning this card. I thought that it looked to good to be true because I only went up to like 20 bucks on it, wouldn't go any higher. It makes me sick to think that a fellow Goligoski collector got stuck with this fake.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vieillecorneille's Items on eBay

I was the one who brought the Goligoski card to the attention of gomaz, I've been collecting Gogo for more than a year now and I've seen a lot of cards and this one looked fake to me.

I'm happy that I bought an all gold one instead of a multi coloured one

by the way Pans fan 87, in your animated signature your Ben Lovejoy picture is actually Dustin Jeffrey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrivetheGreen66's Items on eBay

I was the one who brought the Goligoski card to the attention of gomaz, I've been collecting Gogo for more than a year now and I've seen a lot of cards and this one looked fake to me.

I'm happy that I bought an all gold one instead of a multi coloured one

by the way Pans fan 87, in your animated signature your Ben Lovejoy picture is actually Dustin Jeffrey.

I know. Someone did it for me. I have to look around for a good picture of Lovejoy that would look good streched out. Do you have a bucket where I can check out your Goligoski collection??

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast