Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Roman Lyashenko found dead in hotel room

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0707/1577569.html

Man nothing seems to be going good for the NY Rangers nowadays.

And from the story it looks like the guy had a bad couple of years as his former coach had been shot, wife died, and 2 of his former teammates were injured in a car accident.

He was only 24.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. SCC Cyber Week 2017
    well, that is life.

and that's what makes life precious --- some live; others do not.

the rangers dont matter
    a guy in the prime of his life just dropped dead, its darryl kile all over again
    i hate when these things happen

OMG. That is sad news indeed. Especially since it sounds like a suicide. Hopefully the Stars and Rangers will do something special to honor his memory. I wonder if maybe the Russian Mafia had anything to do with it?

I didn't know the Russian mafia operated in U.S. ??

I wonder what the connection is?

All Russian born players are forced to pay the Russian mafia for "protection" after they are drafted into the NHL. There was a good interview with Sergei Federov on it in a recent Maxim issue.

Originally posted by studin
    All Russian born players are forced to pay the Russian mafia for "protection" after they are drafted into the NHL. There was a good interview with Sergei Federov on it in a recent Maxim issue.
    Yeah, I have heard the same thing too. They come under fire (including life threats, etc.) if they do not comply.

Tim

I wonder if they killed him somehow, then set it up to look like suicide. If they do an otopsy maybe they could find that out.

Thats why I thought of that. He was a young guy who's career was just getting under way and had a bright future ahead of him. He was also on vacation in Turkey. Why would he commit suicide? Oh well I'm sure more news will come out eventually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast