Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

How many Jordan RCs do you think there are?

I was wondering if anyone had a good estimate of how many 86-87 Fleer Jordan rookie cards there are out there?

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

I would say 8,000-10,000, with the majority being retained in personal collections.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Add at least another ZERO to those numbers... cards were mass produced like all hell back then... just nobody took care of their cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Re: How many Jordan RCs do you think there are?

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    I was wondering if anyone had a good estimate of how many 86-87 Fleer Jordan rookie cards there are out there?

I'd say 500,000 is a good guess.

You have to remember that these cards aren't really that rare but its just that nobody wanted them back then.

After a few years in the league you could still get the MJ rookie card for $10. Now its just so high because everybody wants one.

The demand is just so big right now that it really doesn't matter how many were made. They don't really release production numbers but MJ rookies aren't hard to come by.

If you really want one of them. Wait another 5 years and the card will drop by at least 30%. It happens all the time with players like Nolan Ryan and others who retire.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards

I thought Nolan Ryan cards actually increased in value since retirement?

my best Ryan card is his 1971 Topps --- unfortunately, there's a small stain on the back of the card, and the corners aren't sharp

SCF Rewards

Did you see the Ebay auction (ended yesterday) where someone was selling three of them together? With a few hours to go I saw the high bid was only $51.00 (!), but I read that he bought them at an estate sale, and could not guarantee the authenticity of the cards...still, I wonder what the final sale price was. If they were real, what a steal that would have been...

SCF Rewards

I bet it was a fake.

I have a Karl Malone 1986 Fleer RC -- unfortunately, it was a reproduced card that Fleer did back in the 1990s to commemorate the 1986 year. I also have Chris Mullin fleer RC, again, another commemoration.

My guess is that the Jordan card is NOT his real RC.

No one can be so stupid enough as not to know whether or not they are selling a real Michael Jordan rookie in 2002.

Anyone who says he/she cannot guarantee authenticity knows it is not real

SCF Rewards

My thoughts exactly, he showed a blurry scan of the three cards in toploaders, it just looked wrong to me...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Re: Re: How many Jordan RCs do you think there are?

Originally posted by pwaldo
    I'd say 500,000 is a good guess.

You have to remember that these cards aren't really that rare but its just that nobody wanted them back then.

After a few years in the league you could still get the MJ rookie card for $10. Now its just so high because everybody wants one.

The demand is just so big right now that it really doesn't matter how many were made. They don't really release production numbers but MJ rookies aren't hard to come by.

If you really want one of them. Wait another 5 years and the card will drop by at least 30%. It happens all the time with players like Nolan Ryan and others who retire.

That sounds like a good estimate to me. There are literaly tons of them still out there. Back in 1986 I could have had them for $5 per box sitting on the shelves at McCrory's(old chain store). They were trying to get rid of them. To this day I still kick myself for not buying any.