Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

gatorboymike - Marreese Speights

Michael has achieved Super Collector status for his Marreese Speights collection. He currently owns nearly 90% of all Speights cards, including 24 1/1s and over 80% of both the autographs and game used cards produced! This is also Michael's third player super collection (Avery Johnson and Mike Dunleavy are his others)!

PhotoBucket Scan Link

Collection Totals
    Grand Total: 278/308 (90.2%)
    1/1s: 25
    Autos: 101/119 (84.9%)
    Game Used: 95/105 (90.5%)
    Rookie Cards: 26/26 (100%)

Favorite Cards

10. 2008-09 UD Black Rookie Photo Shoot Signed Letters (/8)

After Upper Deck produced no less than five different manufactured letter patch cards of Speights, I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see the actual photo shoot-used ones. Fortunately, they finally did release them in UD Black. In this case, P is for Patience!

9. 2008-09 Skybox Precious Metal Gems Green (/10)

The 1997-98 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Green are my all-time favorite set, but they were released 11 years too early for Speights to have one. But this throwback set really tugged on the old heartstrings of us fans of the early serial-numbered cards. The design leaves something to be desired, but I never dared to dream there'd be another PMG set.

8. 2008-09 Ultimate Collection Ultimate Patch (/1)

While this may be a relatively tame patch compared to certain other players, that also meant it was one of the most affordable Ultimate Patch cards. I'm still not sure where exactly this patch is from, though. Also, a bit of trivia: this was the first card ever made to show Speights in his white 76ers jersey.

7. 2008 Press Pass Signatures Red w/Inscription

Inscriptions are the best kind of autograph there is, if you ask me. And Press Pass was highly secretive about which cards had red ink versions and which had inscriptions. In this case, Speights has a Bronze auto, a Bronze red ink auto, and a Bronze red ink inscription auto. This is his only auto where he didn't sign with his usual "M. Spt," but rather "Mo Speezy/Go Gators." Go Gators is a sentiment I certainly agree with.

6. 2008-09 UD Premier Silver Spectrum (/15)

Double jersey, double patch, shaken, not stirred. I especially like this card because you have a three-color patch first of all, and then you have red, white and blue, so you can express patriotism and fandom for a Sixers guy at the same time.

5. 2009-10 Exquisite Collection Exquisite Eights Patch Magic/76ers (/3)

You've got my team, the Magic, on one side, and my man, Mo Speezy, on the other side. There was no way I was letting this one get past me. And they even managed to toss in Vince Carter!

4. 2008-09 Exquisite Collection Rookie Auto/Patch Gold (/16)

Until they started making Exquisite cards of guys I collected, I never got any Exquisite cards because I thought they were way overpriced and overhyped. And until Speights' rookie year, the there was only one Exquisite card in the world with a guy I collected on it. But what kind of player collector would I be if I didn't go after my guy's best rookie cards? This patch seems to come from the first S in "Sixers."

3. 2008-09 SP Authentic RC (/499)

This may be the best rookie card design in the history of SP Authentic. Usually these cards have a boxy, angular look, and this open design just feels so freeing. Definitely my favorite of Speights' rookie cards.

2. 2008-09 Topps Chrome Superfractors AU (/1)

Speaking of open designs, one of the complaints I had with past issues of Topps Chrome was that the designs were too cluttered to see the refractor effect very well. But that problem was solved here. The scan doesn't do the card justice; it looks incredible in real life.

1. 2008-09 Ultimate Collection Logoman (/1)

The crown of my Marreese Speights collection, and what may be his best card ever made. After narrowly losing out on his SP Authentic logoman, I was determined to chase this one down. No super collection would be complete without a card of this caliber.
    Last edited by Jay520; 02-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is another awesome collection! Simply Amazing! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sickness mate, well done on getting to where you are.

Can i ask how you got the exact amounts of GU/Auto's/RC's etc. in your list?
    Is it listed on Beckett somewhere?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Sickness mate, well done on getting to where you are.

Can i ask how you got the exact amounts of GU/Auto's/RC's etc. in your list?
    Is it listed on Beckett somewhere?

Yes, you can find a rudimentary checklist on Beckett by entering your guy's name in the search bar at the top of the page. But what you'll get there isn't entirely accurate. Beckett is actually missing many listings, has a few redundant listings, and some inaccurate listings. So it helps to corroborate them with checklists released by the manufacturers and from observation in real life. Sometimes they cut cards from the final production and don't update the checklist, so we all run around thinking some cards that don't really exist, do exist. The best way to determine which ones those are is to constantly be on the lookout for them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (6)
    Country
    See tarheelsnipe's Items on eBay

24 1/1s. amazing!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

Sick top 10!!! Great collection

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See pppanthers's Items on eBay

Congrats again Mike!! Sick Collection!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Amazing collection, Mike...keep up the awesome work!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, you can find a rudimentary checklist on Beckett by entering your guy's name in the search bar at the top of the page. But what you'll get there isn't entirely accurate. Beckett is actually missing many listings, has a few redundant listings, and some inaccurate listings. So it helps to corroborate them with checklists released by the manufacturers and from observation in real life. Sometimes they cut cards from the final production and don't update the checklist, so we all run around thinking some cards that don't really exist, do exist. The best way to determine which ones those are is to constantly be on the lookout for them.

Thanks man, yeah from my observations looks like there's a good 30-40 cards on Becketts site that DJ doesn't have (mainly auto's ).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mfmcnabb's Items on eBay

Absolutely amazing. You set a pretty high bar for 08-09 rookie collectors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast