Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards

Bonds_25 -- I too am wondering how anyone can say Bonds wasn't one of the greatest players ever????

lolol.

I don't care much for Bonds (being a Dodgers fan), but he certainly ranks up as one of the greatest ever.

And should he play out his contract and more, he's got the chance to hit 755+ homers, get 2000 RBIs, get 3000 hits,

the other records he could set are outrageous!! (runs scored, total bases, doubles, walks, etc)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

I think a lot of people take away from what he has done because of how he is portrayed in the media. He really isn't an arrogant guy he just tells you straight up what he thinks and what he feels the truth is which very few players do.

SCF Rewards

BONDS
    MAYS
    RICKEY HENDERSON!!!! YES THIS IS NOT A TYPO!!!!

phantompenguin
    1. Babe Ruth
    2. Ty Cobb
    3. Honus Wagner

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

Babe Ruth
    Willie Mays
    Ted Williams (imagine what his number would have been if not for his military service)

Arastis
    I have changed my list.

1.Cobb
    2.Roberto Clemente
    3.Bonds

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by bradk_32
    BONDS
    MAYS
    RICKEY HENDERSON!!!! YES THIS IS NOT A TYPO!!!!

Yeah that is a typo. Rickey is great but he is NOT better than Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, Joe Dimaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Hank Aaron, and Lou Gehrig.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Originally posted by pwaldo
    Yeah that is a typo. Rickey is great but he is NOT better than Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, Joe Dimaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Hank Aaron, and Lou Gehrig.

Not better than: Paul Waner, Tris Speaker, Honus Wagner, Lloyd Waner and the countless others I can name in this post. Rickey Henderson is NOT one of the greatest players ever. Thanks for making that point to him pwaldo :D

Tim

SCF Rewards

Re: Top Three Greatest Baseball Players Ever?

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    So here it is...my list of the three greatest baseball players ever (excluding pitchers as they are on another list). Here is my list:
    1. Babe Ruth - 714 career home runs, .342 career batting average, 2,873 career hits and .474 on base %. Hall of Famer, and owner of 7 World Series champion rings.
    2. Ty Cobb - 4,189 hits, .366 career batting average, 295 triples, 8 years leading the league in hits, 3,053 singles, and 23 consecutive .300 seasons (among many other great stats). Hall of Famer.
    3. Lou Gehrig - 493 career home runs, .340 career batting average, .447 career on base %, 23 career grand slams, 1,995 RBIs, 2,721 hits. Hall of Famer and owner of 6 World Series champion rings.

Tim

I agree with all 3

SCF Rewards

1.Satchel Paige
    2.Ruth
    3.Williams

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast