Thread: Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em

Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em

Now, I'm sure most of the Canadian hockey fans here know all about the Don Cherry Rock'em Sock'em videos. Which one is the best, so far? Personally, I like number 5 because of the ridiculous movies, Don's ridiculous singing, and the crazy lights and dancer.

"Who's the best, I often ponder...
    Right now, it's Stevie Wonder!
    Let's Go! Let's Go!
    He can shoot and he can score,
    Who else but Bobby Orr!
    Let's Go! Let's Go!"
    -Don Cherry

Classic.

I'd like to get them all on DVD. I currently have only #6 10 and 11. Usually someone will pick one up for me for my birthday or something. Out of those 3 I like #6 the best cuz its got the infamous Probert vs McSorely fight. I don't watch them as much anymore cuz my Gold Rush 2002 video is always being watched.

I highly recommend number 5, because it's the stupidest attempt at being hip Cherry's ever done. Its hilarious.

LOL My dad just picked up 4 of them for me. I don't know which ones though.

It's great to see Don try and be hip. He's given up now, but in the older ones he tried to appeal to all young kids by doing stupid numbers and stuff. Now it's just good quality highlights.

One of my favorite clips is one where Tom Fitzgerald who was with Nashville at the time got hit and slid from one end of the bench all the way to the other end. I can't remember which one that is in though.

krbest
    Where can I purchase the Don Cherry Rockem Sockem tapes?

In Canada you can get them at places like Wal-Mart,K-Mart,Radio Shack,etc.

I don't know if certain places in the US carry them or not.
    You can get them off Ebay of course, or order them somewhere online.