Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread

My original thread is on blowoutcards, but wanted to share it here as well.

Hello All,

Just a little background on me:

I have been a die hard Kansas City Chiefs fan for years. About 10 years ago I got started on collecting signed mini helmets. It started very slow gradually building to about 14 minis. Then we moved....no finished basement so all my Chief memorabilia sat boxed up for almost the next 8 years.

Finally got motivated to get the basement done. Half of my big family room is theater and KC memorabilia..the other half well the kids own that part...lol. Since my basement has been finished my KC collection has exploded. I have been searching high and low on ebay and craigslist for KC minis and interesting Chief memorabilia.

Interesting Non-Mini Helmet KC Memorabilia:

Pair of seats from arrowhead stadium with the original stanchion from when the stadium was build in 1972.

Framed section of astroturf from Arrowhead stadium when they switched to natural grass in 1994.

Helmet phone.

Dwayne bowe signed receiver glove..made a nice shadow box with some of his cards as the background.

Derrick Thomas signed jersey. It was just a cheap jersey I had when I was a kid. Him and Neil Smith did a signing at a mall close to where I lived. I have it framed and did the background with different football cards of his.

The Mini Helmets, or as I refer to it "My Chiefs Wall of Fame":

I have collected most of these through ebay or fans parting with their own collections. I have the following 33 helmets:

Tony Gonzalez
    Trent Green
    Larry Johnson
    Albert Lewis
    Kevin Ross
    Will Shields
    Willie Roaf
    Christian Okoye
    Priest Holmes
    Neil Smith,
    Tamba Hali,
    Kimble Anders
    Dale Carter/Donnell Bennett
    Rich Gannon
    Steve Bono
    Nick Lowery
    Andre Rison
    Eddie Kennison
    Jared Allen
    Marcus Allen
    Emmitt Thomas
    Vonnie Holliday
    Dante Hall
    Dexter McCluster
    Curtis McClinton
    Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith
    Brian Waters
    Jerrel Wilson
    Lloyd Burruss
    Andy Reid/Jamaal Charles/Clark Hunt
    Warren Moon
    Joe Montana/Trent Green/Len Dawson
    Derrick Thomas

How did I get here?:

I didnt know what the heck TTM was until just over a month or so ago. I had been searching all over the place for a Deron Cherry signed mini. I was googling and ttm auto came up. I had no idea I could actually write players and actually have a shot at getting an autograph.

So....I became a TTM'er. My first letters of request to sign were to Deron Cherry and Dan Saleaumua. Sadly I have not heard back and I knew it was a long shot. I was reviewing my list of minis and realized I acutally have a lot of guys that are enshrined in the Chiefs Hall of Fame. I set my next sights on writing them.

Who I plan to TTM:

I really only truely follow the NFL and the Husker for college football. I pay attention to what the Royals do bout outside of that I dont follow baseball. My ttm efforts will be about 75% Chiefs with the rest being Husker or other NFL greats. I will be primarily be doing 5x7's or cards if I don't do a mini helmet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My very first TTM response and success on 4/14/14. Helmet #34 to my Chiefs Wall of Fame.

Fred Arbanas
    Member of KC HOF
    Played TE for the Texans/Chiefs from 1961-1970
    AFL Champ 1962, 66, 69
    World/Super Bowl Champ in 1969
    Member of Super Bowl I & Super Bowl IV
    AFL All-Time Team
    6x All-Star

Attached Thumbnails

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another TTM response on 4/21/14. Helmet #35 on the KC Wall of Fame:

Jim Lynch
    Member of KC HOF
    Played LB for the Chiefs from 1967-77
    AFL Champ 1969
    World/Super Bowl IV Champ
    1x Pro Bowler

Attached Thumbnails

SCF Rewards
    Country

nother TTM response 5/8/14. Helmet #36 to the KC Wall of Fame:

Chris Burford
    WR for the Texans/Chiefs from 1960-67
    Member of KC HOF
    AFL Champ 1962, 67
    All AFL 1962
    AFL All-Star 1961
    Member of Super Bowl I team.

He also thoughtfully answered a couple questions I had regarding his playing days.

Attached Thumbnails

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got another TTM mini today, 5/10/14. #37 for my Chiefs Wall of Fame:

Johnny Robinson

Saftey for Texans/Chiefs from 1960-72
    Member of KC HOF
    9x All-Star
    3x AFL champ 1962, '66, and '69
    Super Bowl IV Championship Team

The accolades goes on and on and on. It is absolutely criminal that he isn't enshrined in canton. This helmet is beautiful! Blown away at all the inscriptions. Its always great to learn more about the all-time greats of your team. Very excited to add an all-time great like Johnny Robinson to my Wall of Fame!

Attached Thumbnails

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Got another TTM mini today, 5/10/14. #37 for my Chiefs Wall of Fame:

Johnny Robinson

Saftey for Texans/Chiefs from 1960-72
    Member of KC HOF
    9x All-Star
    3x AFL champ 1962, '66, and '69
    Super Bowl IV Championship Team

The accolades goes on and on and on. It is absolutely criminal that he isn't enshrined in canton. This helmet is beautiful! Blown away at all the inscriptions. Its always great to learn more about the all-time greats of your team. Very excited to add an all-time great like Johnny Robinson to my Wall of Fame!

Attached Thumbnails

Love all the inscriptions! Congratulations on a nice add for your collection. Thanks for sharing them with the SCF autograph community.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another TTM mini today 5/12/14. This is helmet #38 for my KC Wall of Fame:

Ed Budde

Guard for the Chiefs from 1963-'76
    Member of KC HOF
    6x All-AFL All-Star
    2x Pro Bowler
    AFL Champ '66, '69
    SB I team and SB IV championship team

He also answered my questionnaire. I asked him why he chose the AFL vs NFL as he was drafted by both leagues. Fred Arbanas was a college teammate and helped sway him to KC. He said the money to play was the same from both leagues.....$8K for signing and $15k per year for 2 years. Times have changes since 1963!

Attached Thumbnails

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love all the inscriptions! Congratulations on a nice add for your collection. Thanks for sharing them with the SCF autograph community.

Thanks Indy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another TTM I got today was my first of a batch of 5x7 I sent out.

Roger Craig

Former Husker/49er/Raider/Viking
    4x Pro Bowler
    3x Super Bowl Champ

He signed my black and white Husker photo in blue sharpie. My 49er photo was returned unsigned.

Attached Thumbnails

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another nice mail day today 5/13/14. Got a great Chief response and Husker response today!

Coach Dick Vermeil

Signed the 5x7 I sent beautifully in gold. I am also excited cause he responded with "Send it...Coach Vermeil" to my request to send a mini helmet for his consideration. The Chief Wall of Fame grows......

Tom Rathman

He signed the 5x7 and card I sent. Awesome return from a fellow Nebraskan, arguably the best FB in Husker history, and 2x Super Bowl champ.

Attached Thumbnails

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast