Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think it is a respectable view.

One is free to be whomever they choose to be, it goes both ways. Live and let live.

Even though you don't agree to the lifestyle (which is 100% ok, even if I don't agree), you don't prohibit anything and you freely admit it.

Exactly. For example I really, really don't want my kids to be gay. I also don't want my mail to go to my neighbour's house every other day, but I don't have control over that either. It simply isn't my decision.

Yet, if I come out and say I'm against homosexuality the act, many think that means I'm against homosexuals the people. That simply isn't true. Homosexuals don't hurt me by existing and being gay and they aren't hurting me, or anyone else, as I live in a country where gay marriage is legal. If they were hurting me in some fashion, I think I would be against it. They simply aren't, so I'm simply not.

I disagree with their lifestyle. I disagree that they're "born this way" though I don't think it's a choice either (there's much about the human brain we don't yet understand). I'm also open to the fact that I don't know everything. I am all for their legal ability to get married, but I oppose what they do. Does that mean I think they're bad people? No, because they aren't actually hurting anyone.

Far too many people can't understand that while I'm against homosexuality, I'm for gay marriage. It's like being against abortion but pro choice. It's simply not my place to try and make decisions like that for other people. Anyone who thinks it is their place to make those decisions is self righteous and deluded.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's your opinion bro

Who else's would it be? Ted Koppel's?

That doesn't make any sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Should be everyone's opinion to treat others equally..but don't have to agree with their lifestyle, but they are people that deserve to be treated in the same manner/rights as everyone else..

What right do they not have, I'm actually asking because I actually don't know.

Am I correct that the only rights they don't have is to visit their partners in the hospital (which they can get around if they really try), and a small tax right off. I don't understand the tax right off thing because I know a couple that live together without getting married so they can pay less taxes. Can someone explain to me how much these tax write offs actually are? And you can't tell me gays don't have the right to get married, if a gay couple wants to get married they can find a church that will and they won't be arrested,so the only thing i can see they are fighting for is the benefits the government gives to married couples. But if the tax write offs are less than if you just live with someone, then what are they fighting for? I'm confused, someone help he out.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Am I correct that the only rights they don't have is to visit their partners in the hospital (which they can get around if they really try), and a small tax right off. I don't understand the tax right off thing because I know a couple that live together without getting married so they can pay less taxes. Can someone explain to me how much these tax write offs actually are? And you can't tell me gays don't have the right to get married, if a gay couple wants to get married they can find a church that will and they won't be arrested,so the only thing i can see they are fighting for is the benefits the government gives to married couples. But if the tax write offs are less than if you just live with someone, then what are they fighting for? I'm confused, someone help he out.

Wasn't yesterday or the day before about a lesbian spouse who paid almost $400,000 in estate tax she wouldn't have had to if she'd been a man?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who else's would it be? Ted Koppel's?

That doesn't make any sense.

His post in response to my opinion in essence was,
    "That's not my opinion"

So I think my response makes sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wasn't yesterday or the day before about a lesbian spouse who paid almost $400,000 in estate tax she wouldn't have had to if she'd been a man?

I actually don't know and am having a hard time finding anything, so if someone could explain that would be great.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about expressing their love in the same manner the rest of us can...at the very least.

Medical benefits, insurance policies, tax breaks... Basically, they're fighting for the right to live as others are legally allowed to live...equality.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is the link that Veggie posted the other day -
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...m_business_pop

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Exactly. For example I really, really don't want my kids to be gay. I also don't want my mail to go to my neighbour's house every other day, but I don't have control over that either. It simply isn't my decision.

Yet, if I come out and say I'm against homosexuality the act, many think that means I'm against homosexuals the people. That simply isn't true. Homosexuals don't hurt me by existing and being gay and they aren't hurting me, or anyone else, as I live in a country where gay marriage is legal. If they were hurting me in some fashion, I think I would be against it. They simply aren't, so I'm simply not.

I disagree with their lifestyle. I disagree that they're "born this way" though I don't think it's a choice either (there's much about the human brain we don't yet understand). I'm also open to the fact that I don't know everything. I am all for their legal ability to get married, but I oppose what they do. Does that mean I think they're bad people? No, because they aren't actually hurting anyone.

Far too many people can't understand that while I'm against homosexuality, I'm for gay marriage. It's like being against abortion but pro choice. It's simply not my place to try and make decisions like that for other people. Anyone who thinks it is their place to make those decisions is self righteous and deluded.

I'm not going to touch the abortion reference on this thread but other than that you got a point. For example I believe that God does not like homosexuality and is a sin per what I believe in. It is also a sin to worship the devil per my beliefs but I will support and defend your legal right to worship the devil just as I will support and defend gay rights and hopefully soon their legal right to get married.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I actually don't know and am having a hard time finding anything, so if someone could explain that would be great.

I'm sure I read it yesterday and got there from a link posted in one of these threads. Can't remember which though. Crap.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast