Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

so what exactly defines one as a christian? Is it just only the way they believe one can get into heaven? To me that seems a bit odd considering there are so many values and such that the religion teaches.

Also, how many different denominations of christianity are there? Are these all okay to define as christian as long as they believe that only christians can get in to heaven?

the main assertion of christianity is that jesus is the only way to heaven. If you don't believe that, it doesn't really make sense to be called a christian.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm not speaking about the person who doesn't have a religion. I'm speaking about the believer in heaven believing that a person without faith would get into heaven as they see it.

example. I do not believe in heaven, but some of my religious friends may think that I would get into heaven based on their belief of such a thing.

I'm not really following what you are saying. Why do your friends think that you should get into heaven based on the fact that you do not believe in it?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

the main assertion of christianity is that jesus is the only way to heaven. If you don't believe that, it doesn't really make sense to be called a christian.

Jesus is an important part of Islam and all muslims must accept jesus as a prophet. So if that is the case and they believe in jesus why can't the be considered worthy of being accepted to heaven?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'm not really following what you are saying. Why do your friends think that you should get into heaven based on the fact that you do not believe in it?

it's based off of their belief not the person without belief. Basically I'm saying that there are probably some universalists that believe even atheists would get into heaven.

If a person has a belief why can't they believe that a person without that same belief could still take part in their belief? :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jesus is an important part of Islam and all muslims must accept jesus as a prophet. So if that is the case and they believe in jesus why can't the be considered worthy of being accepted to heaven?

but they don't believe he is the christ, which is why they don't call themselves christians. Why would someone who doesn't believe jesus is the christ call themselves a christian?

there is a huge difference in saying "jesus was a pretty important figure" and "i NEED Jesus to bridge the gap between myself and God."

SCF Rewards
    Country

it's based off of their belief not the person without belief. Basically I'm saying that there are probably some universalists that believe even atheists would get into heaven.

If a person has a belief why can't they believe that a person without that same belief could still take part in their belief? :)

there is a very large segment of universalism that believes everyone goes to heaven whether they believe in God or not

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are your friends holding out hope that you will convert? Or are they saying that you should get into heaven because you are living a good and moral life despite not having any religious beliefs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

but they don't believe he is the christ, which is why they don't call themselves christians. Why would someone who doesn't believe jesus is the christ call themselves a christian?

there is a huge difference in saying "jesus was a pretty important figure" and "i NEED Jesus to bridge the gap between myself and God."

What would this woman be classified as and in your opinion would she get into heaven?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...edding17m.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tab4ever's Items on eBay

I think how you believe you get to heaven is the whole basis of religion. Otherwise why would it exist?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What would this woman be classified as and in your opinion would she get into heaven?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...edding17m.html

i wouldn't be able to answer without asking her some questions and it isn't my place to judge whether someone will get into heaven.

I will say this, just because someone wants to believe that things can be reconciled to each other, doesn't make it fact.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast