Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

2016 Spring Expo has come and gone --- AWESOME weekend

This is one of the best weekends of the year if you are a hockey collector. This Expo for me was very different as it was the first time I attended any show as the owner. I had always gone as a collector! With that said, there were a ton of members I met this weekend, most of which I talked to by their real names.

Before I get into the carnage, pics, images, etc. I want to first thank the following people

@CHERRYPICKER and @cmcdonald1 - Glenn and Cyril, I am extremely grateful that you invited me and SCF to be a part of your booth! It was a great weekend overall!

@30ranfordfan, @flemingc04, @ravens_creed and @Iheartjacquie - thanks for all for helping during the weekend, whether it was directly or indirectly.

@CanadianCards - thanks for promoting SCF and working with us on the ITG Final Vault Live draft.

@LeafGregg - Thank you for promo Eichel Cards that you had available. I have a couple extra (1 for my daughter who I think has a small crush on him) Eichels that I will make available to a member that was not able to attend Expo

@bprice - Thank you for watching and being a part of our breaks this weekend and providing us with some history lessons during the breaks.

@mq13, @tuukkatime, @gomaz, @99goals, @the_icebox, @JRSuperstar, @JoelCarry, @spxrules, @FrankToronto, @great8, @sjw241, @bossy'scards and many, many others - thank you for taking the time to meet me and/or talk during Expo and also during the legendary Hobby Insider dinner (yep, I crashed it! ).

Best story of the expo -
    I had a kid, maybe 9 years old, come up to the booth on Saturday and ask if I had any Jack Eichel Young Guns. I told him yes (I didn't have it out) and gave him the price. He looks at his dad and told him he wanted it, so I sold it him (probably lower than I should have) and also added the Dave and Adam's Eichel YG Special card that was produced for an event in Buffalo (I had 1 extra I knew about - I found another) and gave it to the kid with a smile that went ear to ear. That was awesome!

Now for some pics

This is a first time for SCF having a presence at Expo, we needed to have a banner! (I should have had members sign this!)
    IMG_0876.JPG

Some of the other presence

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

Now, for some of my carnage - I did pickup a couple of lots, but in the interest of time, I'm going to show just a few hits

Sabres/PC-
    expo_0001.jpg

hits from my Break Final Vault (not all of them)
    expo_0002.jpg
    expo_0003.jpg

Thanks for reading this. If you have comments, thoughts, suggestions for Fall, let me know.

Scott

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Scott, very nice show! Congrats on SCF for having a presence at this years Expo. I'm sure it was a blast! Oh, and nice pictures and cards too!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Excellent stuff, Scott! It's so great to have an active owner representing us all proudly at a huge event like this!!!

Suggestions for the future? Bring the Hockey TM with ya! LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great idea.... I'll be sure to check out the both next time I'm free to get to the expo!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See game7collectiblescom's Items on eBay

Scott,
    It was great to meet you and putting a name to a face really encouraged me to become an active member again. Had a blast at the Dinner on Thursday night and we had a great talk about the Hobby that we both enjoy. I am glad that you had a great time and can't wait till next expo...BTW I think I can say this but you are more than welcome to hang with Ryan and me at the Canadian Cards booth in the Fall.

RIP

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (94)
    Country
    See cmcdonald1's Items on eBay

Excellent show Scott and it was a true pleasure working in the booth beside you. Went through my pick ups this morning and it wasn't until then did I realize that I had done so well! Look forward to future interactions with you!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

it was a good time Scott!

Looks like I should have made it back for that last break.... we might need to work out some kind of deal? I kinda like that last card you're showing off.....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Scott, very nice show! Congrats on SCF for having a presence at this years Expo. I'm sure it was a blast! Oh, and nice pictures and cards too!

We will have a presence in the Fall as well.

Excellent stuff, Scott! It's so great to have an active owner representing us all proudly at a huge event like this!!!

Suggestions for the future? Bring the Hockey TM with ya! LOL

We'll talk privately!

Great idea.... I'll be sure to check out the both next time I'm free to get to the expo!

please do!

Scott,
    It was great to meet you and putting a name to a face really encouraged me to become an active member again. Had a blast at the Dinner on Thursday night and we had a great talk about the Hobby that we both enjoy. I am glad that you had a great time and can't wait till next expo...BTW I think I can say this but you are more than welcome to hang with Ryan and me at the Canadian Cards booth in the Fall.

Awesome!! I hope that come fall, I'll be able to hang out with more folks at their booths.

Excellent show Scott and it was a true pleasure working in the booth beside you. Went through my pick ups this morning and it wasn't until then did I realize that I had done so well! Look forward to future interactions with you!

Cyril - You did well this weekend! I look forward to seeing you again. I keep bugging the wife that I want to go to Atlantic Canada for a few days during our trip to Maine when we go to Camp Sunshine for DBA week.

it was a good time Scott!

Looks like I should have made it back for that last break.... we might need to work out some kind of deal? I kinda like that last card you're showing off.....

I drafted this with you in mind. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Dallas Cowboys Toronto Raptors
    Twitter: @@SCardCollective See SportsCardCollective's Items on eBay Instagram:

It was a Great Show Overall!

I am already working on the Fall show as this past show I made many trades, had interactions with many members from this group!

Our Autographed Jersey Giveaway was a success!

Thanks to Scottkoz20 for Co-hosting the Final Vault Case Break, wearing our T-shirt proud. Cmcdonald (Cyril) for letting us use his spare display Case, TorontoCardCol for the help around the booth..

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth, I look forward to the Fall Expo!

Thanks,

Ryan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country

Hey Scott, was really nice to meet you! some nice PC pick ups and some pretty cool hits in your vault break. See you in 7 months!

Danny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast