Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sanjosefuji's Items on eBay

My Latest & (not so) Greatest PC Idea

After flipping through my trade bait, I came across several cards that made me reflect on my purchases & trades over the years. The first card I came across was my 1998 Pinnacle Ryan Leaf autographed numbered to 500. I don't remember what I traded for it, but I do know that I gave up a lot. While playing for Washington St., Mr. Leaf had a crazy game against CAL where he threw 4 or 5 TD's as they dominated the Bears. It was that game that made me think that Ryan Leaf was going to be a superstar in the NFL. His career stats include a 4-17 record as a starter, 14 TD passes, 36 interceptions, and a career passer rating of 50.0.

Well, there's no way I could pick lemons in back to back drafts. Right? Next up, Tim Couch. I'm not sure exactly why or how I decided to invest in Mr. Couch. My guess is that I jumped on the #1 draft pick bandwagon and rode it into bankruptcy. Okay, well not exactly... but I sure threw away hundreds of dollars picking up his autographs, inserts, and rookies. Something I had blocked out of my memory for the past 10 years. That's until I strolled across my mint 1999 Encore "UD Authentics" Tim Couch autograph. Thankfully, I have no clue how much I spent on this gem.

Last, but not least is the Kandi Man, aka Michael Olowokandi. Mr. O was drafted #1 in the 1998 NBA draft, ahead of Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, and Antawn Jamison. Unfortunately for me, none of these guys (except the Kandi Man) went to UOP... which along with the fact that he was drafted #1 was the reason I invested some dinero into this fella as well. My loss was someone's gain... as I bring to you this pristine 1998 SP Authentic "SOTT" auto of Mr. Olowokandi.

Thankfully, Mr. Carter started going off with his crazy dunks, because this caused me to jump ship and dive head first into Vinsanity.

Anyways... this is only the beginning... because you see, I've decided to start a new PC. It's going to be my Sports Bust PC. In fact, I already have another autograph from a football legend(ary bust) on the way. Anyone remember Steve Emtman? By the way, I'm looking for a Brien Taylor auto, an Alexandre Daigle auto, and anymore autographs of huge sports busts. To be continued...

As of May 26, I've added these cards to my sports bust PC:

My 4th addition: Steve Emtman (#1 pick in the 1992 NFL draft)

My 5th addition: Akili Smith (#3 pick in the 1999 NFL draft)

My 6th addition: Mike Williams (#10 pick in the 2005 NFL draft) - generously donated by danielsweeney

My 7th addition: Curtis Enis (#5 pick in the 1998 NFL draft)

My 8th addition: Rick Mirer (#2 pick in the 1993 NFL draft)

My 9th addition: Matt Bush (#1 pick in the 2004 MLB draft)

My 10th addition: Todd Van Poppel (#14 pick in the 1990 MLB amateur draft)

My 11th addition: Jason Bonsignore (#4 pick in the 1994 NHL draft)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Interesting read, can win em all

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

That's an interesting PC choice...very unique though! Good luck with it - well, at least as much luck as you can have of picking up busts' autos ;-)

SCF Rewards
    Country

My 12th addition: Kwame Brown (#1 pick in the 2001 NBA draft)

My 13th addition: Brien Taylor (#1 pick in the
    1991 MLB draft)

My 14th addition: Alexander Svitov (#3 pick in the 2001 NHL draft)

My 15th addition: Alexandre Volchkov (#4 pick in the 1996 NHL draft)

My 16th addition: Alexandre Daigle (#1 pick in the 1993 NHL draft)

My 17th addition: Paul Wilson (#1 pick in the 1994 MLB amateur draft)

My 18th addition: Adam Johnson (#2 pick in the 2000 MLB amateur draft)

My 19th addition: Bryan Bullington (#1 pick in the 2002 MLB amateur draft)

My 20th addition: Shelden Williams (#5 pick in the 2006 NBA draft)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See golfpro1210's Items on eBay

atleast it wont cost you a lot of money lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

poor poor kandi and couch. i remember couch being the next big thing and where is he now?

SCF Rewards
    Country

poor poor kandi and couch. i remember couch being the next big thing and where is he now?

not sure where he's at, occupation wise... but he's married to former playmate heather kozar, so at least he got something to show for his career

atleast it wont cost you a lot of money lol

exactly what i was thinking

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great idea. This is similar to my "Failures of the NBA" subsection of NBA Auto PC that I have which surprisingly includes also The Kandi Man, some other players I have in my Failures PC include Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, and Sean May. I am thinking of adding players like Robert Traylor also.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50

Country
    See dhick420's Items on eBay

lol i got a David Boston UD players Ink Auto

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great idea. This is similar to my "Failures of the NBA" subsection of NBA Auto PC that I have which surprisingly includes also The Kandi Man, some other players I have in my Failures PC include Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, and Sean May. I am thinking of adding players like Robert Traylor also.

Thanks whalechaser... I'm going to steal some of your players and add them to my collection. I'll be looking out for a Milicic and Brown auto... as for the Traylor... I actually have one! Lucky me!

lol i got a David Boston UD players Ink Auto

hey birdmandig... I actually have 3 different David Boston autos!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast